machine shops

Steve Butters

anyone got the hookup or know of a good one to send stuff to?

need to have my cylinder resleeved, i have the new sleeve just need to get it pressed in and bored to match my piston

the only place i know of is ERS, but thought ide see who everybody else uses first

judd - would you check with the carquest in pataskala and ask what they would charge ya to put a new sleeve in my cylinder? i have the new sleeve

im still trying to figure out if it comes 95mm already or if it needs bored...i think i can press it in and go, im not sure so i emailed la sleeve directly to ask

thanks for suggestions guys, ide like to keep it local because i dont want to ship

Edited by Steve Butters

judd - would you check with the carquest in pataskala and ask what they would charge ya to put a new sleeve in my cylinder? i have the new sleeve

im still trying to figure out if it comes 95mm already or if it needs bored...i think i can press it in and go, im not sure so i emailed la sleeve directly to ask

thanks for suggestions guys, ide like to keep it local because i dont want to ship

Sleeves pretty much always need to be bored, since they can deform when being installed. I will find out for you. Their machine shop is at the Newark store, and I know the manager/owner there, so I'll call him to make sure they can do it, then they can get it there throgh the Pataskala store, or you could take it all the way to Newark. Their turnaround is usually about a day to day and a half.

cool thanks judd...and yea it does need bored, so i would be dropping the piston and the sleeve off together to have the sleeve pressed in and then bored to match the piston

wont be doing it right this second, since i blew all my cash on parts and xmas shopping, but definitely going to have it installed within the next month so i can put the quad back together

but if you could get me a ballpark price thatd be great

• 2 weeks later...

dropped it off at fowler since they were close to me.....i hope they do a good job, because im kinda wishing i woulda taken it to ERS....fowler is taking a long time on turn around....ERS woulda turned it out in a day, fowler said "a few days"...so i thought, no problem...after 4 days i called and they say "ohh...thatll take a few days"....so im still waiting

im just impatient i suppose