Got a deal!!!

LINK

I put a mint like new 2006 Suzuki SV1000S with 457 original owner miles in my garage today.....it seemed like a great deal, I couldn't pass it up!!!

It already has aftermarket Two Brothers slip-ons and a home made tail eliminator installed.

I think I found my Buell 1125R twin powered replacement bike for when, if it ever does, go away....Harley Davidson is trying to be as difficult as possible in settling on the 1125R....They openly admit that this is in every way a clear cut case against Buell and Harley Davidson under the guidelines of the Ohio Lemon Law, but they have refused to settle in a reasonable manner or time period....

I know this is not a big deal for most, and it is not the greatest twin powered bike out there by far, but I think it will fill the void for me, and I am pretty excited about finally getting a deal on something... I never get to capitalize, or even find a deal on anything I buy like some do....

I hope I didn't just jinx it!!!:facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Congrats on the new bike, I'm sure you'll love it. I had an '05 SV1000S and it was great! Despite being a new rider, I felt immediately comfortable on the SV1000S. I've never ridden a Z1000, but I'm guessing that it won't be used much, now that you have the SV.

I put a mint like new 2006 Suzuki SV1000S with 457 original owner miles in my garage today.....it seemed like a great deal, I couldn't pass it up!!!

It already has aftermarket Two Brothers slip-ons and a home made tail eliminator installed.

I think I found my Buell 1125R twin powered replacement bike for when, if it ever does, go away....Harley Davidson is trying to be as difficult as possible in settling on the 1125R....They openly admit that this is in every way a clear cut case against Buell and Harley Davidson under the guidelines of the Ohio Lemon Law, but they have refused to settle in a reasonable manner or time period....

I know this is not a big deal for most, and it is not the greatest twin powered bike out there by far, but I think it will fill the void for me, and I am pretty excited about finally getting a deal on something... I never get to capitalize, or even find a deal on anything I buy like some do....

I hope I didn't just jinx it!!!:facepalm:

3 bikes? Jc...i'll take the Buell off your hands. Pls? :p

So tell us about the deal.

All I can say is it was $100's less than half of what he originally paid for the bike new.

Great bike!! I would love to have one, but it would have to have handle bars.

I picked up an 06 FZ1 with only 700 miles this spring. Of course, it has a lot more now.

Who buys a brand new bike and never rides it?

My thoughts exactly... he felt it was more power than he needed, and did not want it anymore.

Congrats on the new bike, I'm sure you'll love it. I had an '05 SV1000S and it was great! Despite being a new rider, I felt immediately comfortable on the SV1000S. I've never ridden a Z1000, but I'm guessing that it won't be used much, now that you have the SV.

Both will get plenty of ride time.

3 bikes? Jc...i'll take the Buell off your hands. Pls? :p

I wish I could sale the Buell, but it is in HD's hands to decide what to do with it now.

You should PM Tpoppa about the deal his attorney stuck with HD regarding his case. That's all I'm willing to say on the subject.

Thanks for the suggestion on the PM to Tpoppa' date=' but I have already discussed it with him.

Yeah JRMMiii is correct, and these are the pics of the bike, thanks for posting them.

Thanks for not buying it before me, I bought it the following day after I found the listing, not sure how I missed it before now...

3n13k73me5W15X55S0abkdec5342894c01968.jpg3k33ob3lf5Z15T05R6abk1d2cf4d6a1111e4e.jpg3n03kb3p05V65Y65Z0abk55cc29b00da117c6.jpg

What failed on the buell ? Mine has been ok except for several minor problems

All of the many common problems plus a blown engine, it stranded me 3 times, and gave me a chemical bath when the engine expired.

Something like 4-5 months total in a years time spent at the dealership for repairs.

Several continuous "minor problems" is not okay, especially on a new bike, at least not for what I expect and appreciate from a new motorcycle.

If it is from abuse or negligence on the owners part, that is different.

My Z1000 has seen and experienced the same treatment as the Buell, and it has almost 8K legitimate trouble free miles (has not seen a dealer since new), the Buell had it's first issue straight off the showroom floor with a stator nut and fueling issue.

My 1125R was nearly $12K OTD, so no I did not get mine because of the reduced prices after HD closed Buell.

I expected a dependable and reliable motorcycle for the price, my 1125R has not offered me that in any way, nothing but a headache to say the least, and I know for a fact I am not alone with this very same Buell/1125 experience!

On a positive note though, my 1125R breaking down on me was the reason the Z1000 was purchased in Tennessee when I was on a trip to Deals Gap, the Z saved my needed long awaited vacation.

It has 3200. It would have alot more if I didnt have alot of family issues this summer.

That suxks about the Buell. I hope you get it worked out. Did it blow up under warranty?

Yes all issues so far have been covered under warranty.

I have considered keeping it, not sure why but I have?

I am still seeing most of the issues I had with mine are still happening to others too, it does have a brand new engine and transmission, but I guess it had a brand new engine and transmission when I purchased it new, so that really is a useless statement I guess.