Safe sale

Gump

In Stores Only. Click Here to Find Your Local Store.
NOTE: This product ships via over-the-road common carrier truck. Add 4-5 business days to the shipping time that is displayed during checkout. Carrier truck shipping charges are included in the oversize shipping fee that is displayed below the product price. For more information, please refer to our Terms & Conditions.

:wtf:

I have a small safe with an electronic lock. after I got it I started thinking that if it was in a fire, the electronic part would melt and it would be a pain to get into it after. At least with a mechanical combo, it should withstand the heat and you'd still be able to open it afterwards.

Gander Mnt does have some good models at fair prices.

I tried making one when I worked at a weld shop out of 1/4 inch mild steel. Mostly it was just to keep busy hands off the firearms and had a heavy duty padlock on it. Now it's a tool cabinet.

Anyone ever make their own safe?

Yes, My dad and I have done a couple now.

The first we used a old non-working pepsi machine, one of the smaller ones. Turned out really nice.

The second we had done was a old old Coke machine. It turned out way nice and my uncle still has it.

Fire lining is really nothing more than a insulation layer and drywall.