Questions about pricing.

PrincessPratt

Hey guys. Long time ehh? :) Anyhoo, yesterday I posed the question on facebook at to whether I should sell my 2006 GSXR 600 now or in spring. Everyone thought spring would be better as I'm not pressed to sell this bike. It's been paid off for a couple of years and I just want the money to pay off my 2009 GSXR. Well yesterday I had several people approach me about pricing. I have no clue where to obtain the average price for selling my bike. With a car I would go to KBB but I was told by someone that is not very accurate for bikes. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sara

The NADA guide gives you a range between high and low retail.

using the KBB as a guide is not bad at least it gives you some idea, see what the trade in value is and work from that... Example:

2006 Suzuki GSX-R600 Value

• 4-Cylinders
  • 4-Stroke
  • 599cc

Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $3770

suggested retail is (8980 miles is average) $5480

This is from KBB you should be able to find a reasonable asking price within that range.

Low Retail Average Retail

$3,810------$5,010

Suggested List: $8,799

This is from the NADA Guide.

I hope this helps, and good luck!!!

How many miles? I'd price it at $5500 if it was mine and over 10k miles. Under 10k miles I'd go $5999.

I sold my 2003 636 with 22,000 miles on it in 2008 for $4000. (5 years old)

Just like someone can buy my '08 ZX14 with 10k+ miles on it right now for $7700 which I posted on here last month and it has goodies with it. (2 years old)

Edited by NinjaNick

I'd wait until spring if your not pressed to sell it. I just recently picked up a mint condition 2008 GSXR 600 w/ 1100 miles for $4800. It even had some upgrades on it. (exhaust, PCIII, K&N, tinted windscreen, sliders all around) I bought it with the intention of flipping it for a quick grand or so, but after riding it a bit I really like it, I'm gonna keep it and sell my R6 in the spring.

How many miles? I'd price it at $5500 if it was mine and over 10k miles. Under 10k miles I'd go $5999.

I sold my 2003 636 with 22,000 miles on it in 2008 for $4000. (5 years old)

Just like someone can buy my '08 ZX14 with 10k+ miles on it right now for $7700 which I posted on here last month and it has goodies with it. (2 years old)

Heya Nick! It has 9660 miles on it.

• Upvote 1

Honeslty 2006 gsxr's are going for around 4500 - 5000

Bingo...

I would say that $5k is a fair price and should sell at this time. The whole Spring mentality is somewhat overplayed anymore. The thing is that the interest is more in Spring due to riding being right around the corner. But, there are plenty of people buying bikes this time of year. Price is the key factor, though.

Personally, for a motorcycle, I would wait until after the 1st of the year. Unless you get aggressive and sell it at less than $5k.

Aftermarket stuff means nothing unless it is a race bike. Meaning, an exhaust isn't going to pull anything unless high end stuff. Bolt on things like sliders, rearsets, clip-ons, etc are worth $0 in terms of a bike being sold.

The issue you run into once Spring comes is the bike is then another year old. So, again - the factor of Spring and getting more is a bit false. Remember, the 2011 GSXR600 hits the streets in March. Of course, it will be $11k, but the idea is that it is now making your bike older. Technology-wise as well as performance-wise...

I sold my race bike at the end of the race season. Typical, but tougher than during Spring. I also just sold a $11k plus KTM RC8R and we have snow flying. It's all how you sell it, how much you ask (Or are willing to let it go for), and where you place the ads.

Gixxer.com or whatever is probably the worse place to sell it. Dime a dozen and everyone else is selling the same thing. C/L is good to start with, but typically takes forever on stuff like that - unless price is good. Ebay is a decent place. Cycle Trader may pull some weight also...