I love ducati even more now

BikerBoy

I've always said if I get a Ducati it has to be red since to me that WAS the only color it should be....then I fell hardcore in love with a white 848

That was an extremely awesome vid, I need to now change my pants from the sounds both those machines make

The Ferrari is badazz, but this vid shows why I love motorcycles. The Ferrari did "only" 11.1 in the quarter, jeez, a lot of us own bikes that will slam that and doesnt have to be a Duc either. And a lot of bikes for $10k will stomp that too.

idk...you musta missed the video where a middle of the line porsche was pulling better lap times than an r1

i wouldnt say "any" jap bike would beat that ferrari

Uh, wanna bet? The Duc 1198S isn't anything ultra special that cannot be had in an R1 GSXR1000, etc...

I'm surprised that the bike only did 2-3 sec better on the course than the car did. Love the bike, but impressed by the car.

3 seconds a lap is a big deal when considering the cost of the car and the top shelf status it has. Think about if they did a typical AMA 27 lap race at a 3 second deficit... The car would get lapped... Or damn near.

Plus, the track is shit - dirty and tight. The car had a bit better advantage as the tighter the course and the wider the 4 tires, the mid corner grip from the car would be higher than the bike...

I think it shows just how good OEM sportbikes are. It also shows why so many get turned into pop cans at the hands of newer and inexperienced riders...