New weapons for the troops!

Beegreenstrings

The only problem with this is some of the following :

#1, this will not be a primary weapon, so they will have to carry this , it's ammunition, spare battery AND their standard load-out.

#2, Ammunition costs are likely very high- this will limit live-round training and may even prove to be a limiting factor in use.

#3, What about commanders being wary of using a defilade defeating weapon for fear of injuring or killing "non-combatants" in the same space as the enemy. Right or wrong, it will happen.

(Problem details swiped from another)

Here's a vid of it.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4438880/xm-25-rifle-in-action/

Edited by flounder

Probably will be like backintheday. A Grenadier will carry this as primary weapon. He gets his choice of secondary weapon. The ammo is heavy enough, that usually two other riflemen will carry some spare rounds for the Grenadier. Similar to carrying extra ammo for the M-60 or SAW. For serious work, an entire squad of Grenadiers sallies forth, with the other squads of the platoon. Make no mistake, this could be extremely better than having a mortar squad.

The only problem with this is some of the following :

#1, this will not be a primary weapon, so they will have to carry this , it's ammunition, spare battery AND their standard load-out.

#2, Ammunition costs are likely very high- this will limit live-round training and may even prove to be a limiting factor in use.

#3, What about commanders being wary of using a defilade defeating weapon for fear of injuring or killing "non-combatants" in the same space as the enemy. Right or wrong, it will happen.

(Problem details swiped from another)

Here's a vid of it.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4438880/xm-25-rifle-in-action/

#1. No different than any other heavy weapons team/platoon.

#2. Times have changed. Money and ammo flow like water.

#3. I hear you on this. I've worked with 25mm before(LAV25). In my opinion this is a safer more accurate alternative to grenade launchers or other indirect systems.

Not argueing. Just my thoughts.