Bike Show

GhostRider357

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Repsol isn't Honda... They sponsor MANY different teams out there. Repsol in MotoGP is related to Honda because they sponsor that team, but it isn't a Honda product...

The thing is the booth had Honda all over it and there was life size picture of Nicky Haden in his Repsol Honda leathers on. Just kind a throws you for a loop!

it was just strange, nicky had on leathers with honda all over them and there was other pics with honda name thats all

I understand if you aren't well versed in MotoGP and think only Honda is associated with Repsol. Repsol Oil Company is simply a major sponsor in racing. They support more than just the Honda MotoGP team. They use Nicky due to the fact that here in the States, he is well recognized by motorcycle enthusiasts...

Kinda like Budweiser and Dale Jr. They aren't just NASCAR and Dale Jr. - they do a LOT more motorsport deals with other companies... Hell, this year, they are sponsoring a Dodge...

Point is that it is simply marketing and the Suzook (Even though it looked like a pile of crud) represents and relates to other riders out there...

Would it have been better having Nicky's bike there? Sure.

That's like putting a mercedes hood ornament on your buick. JK, but seriously, where was honda to represent their moto GP or world superbikes? And why the He!! wasn't KTM showing the new RC8. There were some disappointments at that show. Bimota wasn't there either.

The RC8 is a 2009 model... they were showcasing 2008 models.

Bimota??? Serious?

Yes, Honda not having a MotoGP bike of Nicky's is kinda lame. It is the US show series and yet, there were no showings of any American racers in MotoGP.

WSBK is a weird deal as the Hanes Spree team is probably not well recognized over here...

I spent about 4 hours at the show Sunday. Sat on every 600 there and was surprised by how much I like the R6.

RE: the ninja 250 - Did anyone else notice that it doesn't say "250" on it ANYWHERE? at least not that I saw. I don't mind that it's still not FI, but it's also like 35 lbs HEAVIER than the old model. A+ styling, B- weight.

I understand if you aren't well versed in MotoGP and think only Honda is associated with Repsol. Repsol Oil Company is simply a major sponsor in racing. They support more than just the Honda MotoGP team. They use Nicky due to the fact that here in the States, he is well recognized by motorcycle enthusiasts...

Kinda like Budweiser and Dale Jr. They aren't just NASCAR and Dale Jr. - they do a LOT more motorsport deals with other companies... Hell, this year, they are sponsoring a Dodge...

Point is that it is simply marketing and the Suzook (Even though it looked like a pile of crud) represents and relates to other riders out there...

I don't think even us dumb girls assume only Honda uses Repsol... However, it throws ya for a loop when the big picture behind the bike is Nicky Haden... on a HONDA... and the cardboard cutout of Nicky next to the bike says Honda... and the pictures on the other part of the booth say Honda and Repsol... then what bike do they have there but a GSXR.

Yes, Honda not having a MotoGP bike of Nicky's is kinda lame. It is the US show series and yet, there were no showings of any American racers in MotoGP.

So, you make fun of us for not getting it, but then you agree that it shouldn't have been a GSXR.

So, you make fun of us for not getting it, but then you agree that it shouldn't have been a GSXR.

I wasn't making fun of anyone. I was just trying to figure out why the big deal over the GSXR? Nicky is MotoGP. If they had a CBR Repsol edition, it would have been out of place - he doesn't race a CBR...

The GSXR comment was that it WOULD have been better. That GSXR looked like a pile of shit. I was really refering to the comment that there was no WSBK or MotoGP Hondas at the show...

Relax. If I was making fun, I would have said "Hey dumbasses - KTM's GP bikes are sponsored by Repsol. It isn't just the RCVs that carry the logos..." That would have been poking fun...:grin:

How in the world do u post pics on these forums? I wanted to insert some of my pics from the show and don't know how to use the URL image link??? I'm pretty clueless when in comes to computers!

And you're finishing up your MASTERS?? :rolleyes::p

Try uploading them on photobucket or wherever you want to host them.

Right click and highlight the url from the properties of the picture if the site you have them on doesn't provide it.

When you paste the link/url of the picture in your post here, make sure the code is at the front, and is at the end of your link. Then WHALAH! You got a picture. ;)

It almost has the same power as a 636. In my opinion (key word, MY OPINION), I think 848cc should have more juice than what they gave it. It's a GORGEOUS bike though for sure. The jap bikes are known for the power though, so it's normal the 848 wouldn't be real high in power.

Disclaimer: Don't flip on me Isaac's Papa. I'm not trying to start an arguement. It's just how I feel about the situation. ;)