Hi-Point C9

Jst2fst

I'm looking to get my first gun. I'm looking to spend about $200 on it I found this one a 9mm Hi-Point C9. Does anyone know anything about this gun?

http://www.woodburyoutfitters.com/Hi-Point-Model-9mm-CPT-9mmP-81-Round-Polymer-Frame-Pistol-35-Barrel-Black-Powder-Coated-9mmCP-9CP-P314.aspx

Yes, I have one and it's a good gun, but I think it just depends. I'm not going to say it's a great gun, but for the price, not bad. It has lifetime warrenty and they are made in Mansfield, OH. Most people on here will probably blast 'em and say they are cheap, but I have put 200 rounds through it and it hasn't jammed yet.

Depends on what you're gonna use it for. If you're going to carry it, I wouldn't trust my life to something that costs that much less than most other subcompacts and has a reputation for jamming and poor quality. Just my opinion. It is, however, better than not being armed at all.

It is too bulky to carry. I will agree with that. I tried the other day and ended up taking it out because it was uncomfortable. For your first gun, and you just want something, and you do not have a lot to spend, then yes, go for it.

Hi Points draw strong reactions like Hilary Clinton... People love 'em or hate 'em. They are a bit heavy, & it's a uniform frame, not made for tear downs.

I hear excellent things about their customer service. Some people say they jam... Others love the way they shoot

I just want something to learn on and not looking to spent a crapload of money. I've read reviews and seen that people are for and against this gun. I figure lifetime warranty for something this cheap works for me right now. Then I'll upgrade to a better gun when I get use to it.

Sounds like you've made up your mind then.

Were you looking for us to talk you into it, or talk you out of it?

I was trying to see some demographics on how people liked this gun. I figured you guys would be more open. I'm not completely set on this gun just yet. I'm still looking to see if I can find a better deal on gun that's not a composite material. If need be I could dish out another $100

dude if you look around you can get a new in the box ruger P95 for under 3 bills easy.

Normally the sale is 269-279 for the gun and two extra mags. They are a badass gun two man.

The key I look at in any firearm is if I need to tomorrow can I get my money back out of it? A new ruger in the box that is a hicap. No problem. Stay away from the 10+1 versions, if possible.

Where as the hipoint you cant. Unless you find someone that knows nothing about guns or wants one really bad in someone elses name.

i don't have a whole lot of experience with the Hi-points but I'd spend the extra $50 and get a S&W Sigma. People also have their opinions with that gun but mine didn't have any issues

nor did mine. I forgot all about that one. I could actually shoot it, well too.

Good price on those too and usually have rebates floating around on them.

nor did mine. I forgot all about that one. I could actually shoot it, well too.

Good price on those too and usually have rebates floating around on them.

I'll 3rd the Sigma, I had the .40 and never had a single problem with it. I got rid of it only to buy the XD I wanted. You should be able to find them for about $250, and I'd trust my life to it over a hi-point any day.

Is their a waiting period for guns if you buy them online?

just however long it takes for them to ship to a FFL. Which I would check who they have on their site local to you then shop around and see who has the cheapest transfer fee. I've seen them range anywhere from $20-120

i have a c9 they are known for jamming because they are harder than hell to take apart and clean. a dirty gun = jamming. You have to use a 1/8" punch and a hammer to drive out the rear pin to disassemble the slide and take the barrel out. It is very bulky to cary, but the gun fires decently enough to like it for the price. I like it and really have no complaints but if you plan on shooting it a lot and really like to clean your gun a lot then i would recommend something better. I wish i would have bought something easier to clean.