Facebook cartoon pictures...

Bad324

I'm bored as shit and avoiding starting a project I don't wanna do so I got to thinking and then figured I'd rant here.

For those of you that don't know, read this first:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/social.media/12/06/facebook.cartoon.characters/

It's a nice gesture and all and I get it, but seriously how is changing a picture raising awareness? For most people, all it does is make people think back to what awesome cartoons they used to watch and see what other obscure awesome choices friends make.

For someone like me, it annoys the living hell out of me. Why you ask? For years I have believed one small reason the world youth is all screwed up and moronic is partly due to lack of quality cartoons. It started as a joke but then the more I thought about it the more it seemed plausible

So stand up people, let your voice be heard and don't let your kids watch the crap they pass off as cartoons today :D

Changing a picture to prevent child abuse may be silly, but it gets people talking. Just as you are doing in this thread. To me that's a win.

Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means against raising awareness. It just seems to me that too many people think its "enough" help. I don't even know if enough is the right word though

For someone like me, it annoys the living hell out of me. Why you ask? For years I have believed one small reason the world youth is all screwed up and moronic is partly due to lack of quality cartoons. It started as a joke but then the more I thought about it the more it seemed plausible.

So stand up people, let your voice be heard and don't let your kids watch the crap they pass off as cartoons today :D

I've thought about this as well -- it seems the old cartoons I used to watch appear "smarter" than the cartoons they're putting out today. I mean smarter in the sense that they use more vocabulary, the storylines are deeper, etc. Of course they've also taken a lot out of newer cartoons too, like no smoking or gun references.

It could be a small factor, but when you have cartoons that have to be financed by ads, you have to make the cartoons appeal to EVERYONE -- even the dumb kids. So, I understand how we got to where we got. All about the Benjamins.

It annoys me because now you don't have a pict of the person you are searching for to know if you have the right one. Do you know how many Ron Jeremy's there are on FB????? I want to make sure I have the right one instead of adding an imposter to my list of awesome friends!

• Upvote 1

It took me 6 minutes to find the character I wanted online, after a bit of searching through some crappy things the browser pulled up. That's six minutes my daughter was spared from my vicious beatings, so it has worked in my case specifically.

• Upvote 1

I posted this on facebook as well, so don't shoot me for being late to the party here, but doesn't this type of thing sound oddly like something a pedophile would come up with?

"oh, we love children- we would never hurt one. Look how much I love cartoons. Come get into my van little girl."

I didn't change my picture.

Change your Facebook profile picture to a female you wanted to bang from your childhood, and invite your friends to do the same. We hope to see less human faces on Facebook but an invasion of childhood boner inspiration. This is for awareness of the objectification of women.