And the battle will rage

This big dog will fight

When you rattle his cage

And you'll be sorry that you messed with

The U.S. of A.

'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass

It's the American way

• 2 years later...

"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those that cherished them, to take their horses between his knees and press in his arms the most desirable of their women."

-- Genghis Khan

• Upvote 1

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." -John Bernard Books (The Shootist)

"Lifes tough, but its tougher when you’re stupid"-Sergeant John M. Stryker (Sands of Iwo Jima)

Everett: Pete, it's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

-

Everett: Well ain't this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere! Forget it! I'll have a dozen hair nets.

-

Thank God your mammy died givin' birth, she'd have died of shame.

All from O Brother Where Art Thou

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson

More HST from Song of the SC:

The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

- Hunter Thompson

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.

"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the "real Marines". "

Major General Chesty Puller, USMC

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of

us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

"The mail service has been excellent out here, and in my opinion this is all that the

Air Force has accomplished during the war."

- Chesty Puller

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark