ohio riders track day

ducati guy

Which track would you like to have an OR day at? Weekend or weekday event?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which track would you like to have an OR day at? Weekend or weekday event?

• Mid Ohio -
    • Grattan
    • Gingerman
    • Putnam
    • Nelson Ledges
    • Beaver Run
    • Others - please list in your post your suggestion
    • Weekend date - out of state
    • Weekday event - in state

I think we have an easier time just picking a track and a date and having everyone register. If we get a discount, great - but that limits us to certain tracks, depending on the org.

I'd like to get a group up to Nelson some time this year. $120 to ride Saturday, and then you can stay and watch Jbot et all race on Sunday.

I know its only december but myself and others are itching to get on another track already haha, especially andy and I since we gots new bikes..but was wondering if there is gonna be another ohio riders track day next yr?

UH OH!!!! You shouldn't have put OR trackday.. Now Ben is gonna get all poopie in his pants and bitch and moan about insurance, liability, bla bla...

I'm working with a couple of orgs to get something similar to what we did with STT, and Nesba.. Unfortuntaley Nesba doesn't look like they are doing Putnam anymore, so we'll see... I'm working with MID O to get something for us, and I'll keep everyone updated..I would MUCH rather do an Ohio Riders (Non OR sponsored) trackday IN OHIO.. So Mid O, and Nelson look to be our best options... I prefer Mid O but if Nelson comes in with a killer price, Id love to entertain it!

UH OH!!!! You shouldn't have put OR trackday.. Now Ben is gonna get all poopie in his pants and bitch and moan about insurance, liability, bla bla...

I'm working with a couple of orgs to get something similar to what we did with STT, and Nesba.. Unfortuntaley Nesba doesn't look like they are doing Putnam anymore, so we'll see... I'm working with MID O to get something for us, and I'll keep everyone updated..I would MUCH rather do an Ohio Riders (Non OR sponsored) trackday IN OHIO.. So Mid O, and Nelson look to be our best options... I prefer Mid O but if Nelson comes in with a killer price, Id love to entertain it!

HA

if you can get us a weekend at mid ohio during an actual summer month, it would be a miracle.

i say ask the new STT owner for a weekend at Grattan. I thought it was pretty well packed last year when we did the one day event at gingerman. Grattan is freshly repaved!

since there probably aren't enough people within OR to pack up the track day, maybe AFJ and TSBR and some other forums will want to get involved?

a day/weekend at beaver would be fun too. As much as I enjoy Nelson, it might scare people off cause it's a little bumpy. heh heh

(also, i've only done 1 race lol. apch8r and blue03636 and some others are balls deep in racing though)

Nelson is bumpy, but it's not that bad... Plus it makes every track thereafter feel world-class!

It would take a KILLER deal to get me back at Gingerman, and I'm leery of doing any group days with STT after last year's experience.

- the tolls to Gingerman are killer. It's cheaper for me to drive to Putnam even though it's further.

- Gingerman has the seams. they aren't a big deal, but they're there...

- the layout change at gingerman needs to be looked at for safety coming off the back straight. I'm not saying it's unsafe; i'm just saying i want to KNOW that it is before driving 4+ hours and spending a bunch of money to get that close to the pit wall...

- STT over-booked the last Gingerman event we all did by at least 15-20 riders. They moved me to "A" because my bike was safety wired. Totally unimpressed.

Grattan would be a new-to-me track, so I'm more inclined to take a risk there, but even then, I want some assurance that we won't run into the same situation we did at Gingerman last year.

Grattan is fun, and I think with the new repave that it will be a nice place to have an enjoyable day. The facilties are less then stellar though as the bathrooms are small and uh, yeah...

But it would be best to pick an orginization and place and go that route like we did with STT last year.

Grattan is fun, and I think with the new repave that it will be a nice place to have an enjoyable day. The facilties are less then stellar though as the bathrooms are small and uh, yeah...

But it would be best to pick an orginization and place and go that route like we did with STT last year.

Just read on wera that grattan is making the toilets flushable now :D They are slowly making improvements, but the new pavement is :bow:

It's just a little far... Mid O would be ideal..

I think I could get a great deal at Putnam, but I would need an early commitment.

I would be game for grattan but that is a lot to ask of people to drive 5 hours.

Nelson is fun but yea, kinda shotty...

Beaver is an option as well.. I'm up for whatever

my personal opinion is that we'd get more first-timers, or people who would otherwise not come by choosing the cheapest option; Nelson.

Plus I have never gone there and not had a great time.

The track surface looks sketchy, and the bathroom stalls are way too small - but my shower was hot, my beer was cold, and I always come home smiling. It's just a FUN place to ride, and hang out.

Oh, and there's a shooting range pretty damn close too, so we could do that on Sunday if we rode on Saturday.

my personal opinion is that we'd get more first-timers, or people who would otherwise not come by choosing the cheapest option; Nelson.

Plus I have never gone there and not had a great time.

The track surface looks sketchy, and the bathroom stalls are way too small - but my shower was hot, my beer was cold, and I always come home smiling. It's just a FUN place to ride, and hang out.

Oh, and there's a shooting range pretty damn close too, so we could do that on Sunday if we rode on Saturday.

I had a good time too, however I only paid 60 bucks and it was a 3 hour open deal on a friday night! :)

I do not believe nelson would draw in a lot of first time track riders. Yes its a very fun track to ride but the surface is shot as we all know and that might keep first time riders off the track. I like nelson, I've been there a couple times and had fun.

I like the idea of trying to keep it in ohio though. A lot easier of a drive and I love being back home from a track in the same day. Putnam is a deff possibility to. I've never been to beaver run, we could deff try that as well.

Mid ohio would be best but I won't keep my hopes up. It would be killer to see more ohio rider guys @ the track. Get everyone off the street and the back country roads for some fun safe riding @ a track.

I just don't think anyone who can't break a 1:12 at Nelson Ledges is entitled to do much complaining about the surface. As such, i'm at least 3 or 4 seconds away from opening my mouth! (for reference, the experts break the 1:08 mark)

But i'd be up for any track within an 8 hour drive.

I think the following are realistic options:

- Nelson Ledges ($120/day)

- Putnam park ($155/day)

- Mid-Ohio ($195/day)

- BeaveRun ($165/day)

- Gingerman ($100/day??? maybe more now that it's bigger)

- Grattan ($150???/day)

- Summit Point (Main is $185/day - Jefferson is small, and $135/day i think. Shenandoah is somewhere in between. tight, technical track, but bigger than JC)

- New Jersey ($205/day? for lightning OR thunderbolt - i prefer t-bolt)

- Blackhawk Farms ($185/day??)

all of those would be within 8 hours or so of Cleveland. The top 5 are considerably closer than the rest.

I can host as many people as want to stay at my parents if we do Mid O too. Even though it's only 1hr from Cbus, other people from other areas may have to drive further. Plus I don't like driving to day of events, but just me. Not to mention its only 20 to the track and they have a 6 car garage to prep in night before.

Wow you're a dick.

For everyone else, I'm working on putting something together. I'm waiting to hear back from a few people. I'm hoping to be able to announce something before the end of winter.

Wow you're a dick.

For everyone else, I'm working on putting something together. I'm waiting to hear back from a few people. I'm hoping to be able to announce something before the end of winter.

How am I a dick? We went through this last year.. Did we not? You wouldn't let us call it that.. Thats the honest truth..

Here is a refresh http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=36386

Edited by Dubguy85

I just don't think anyone who can't break a 1:12 at Nelson Ledges is entitled to do much complaining about the surface. As such, i'm at least 3 or 4 seconds away from opening my mouth! (for reference, the experts break the 1:08 mark)

But i'd be up for any track within an 8 hour drive.

I think the following are realistic options:

- Nelson Ledges ($120/day)

- Putnam park ($155/day)

- Mid-Ohio ($195/day)

- BeaveRun ($165/day)

- Gingerman ($100/day??? maybe more now that it's bigger)

- Grattan ($150???/day)

- Summit Point (Main is $185/day - Jefferson is small, and $135/day i think. Shenandoah is somewhere in between. tight, technical track, but bigger than JC)

- New Jersey ($205/day? for lightning OR thunderbolt - i prefer t-bolt)

- Blackhawk Farms ($185/day??)

all of those would be within 8 hours or so of Cleveland. The top 5 are considerably closer than the rest.

So, I get to complain?:D

Look, Nelson sucks. It does. Anyone that thinks otherwise is full of shit. Anyone that thinks if you had a choice between say, Nelson and Mid-Ohio and would choose Nelson other than pur track knowledge is silly.

That being said, Nelson can be fun. It can provide a good bit of fun and can be a great place to let loose and get a taste of a track at speed. Doing 1:08s at Nelson ain't gonna happen at a track day by anyone here at OR.

It can be a great choice and honestly, I would probably contact the track direct as the cost is pretty cheap. But, having FT run the event would be easiest as there is less to do and less hoops to jump through...

It is "Ohio" Riders and doing either Mid-O or Nelson makes the most sense to me. I think doing a Mid-O during the week is good and can be easy to get to by most.

Get with the Assfault guys and get a good number of people together to make the cost less and you'll be fine...

How am I a dick? We went through this last year.. Did we not? You wouldn't let us call it that.. Thats the honest truth..

Here is a refresh http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=36386

Read what you typed that I quoted. If you don't see why I called you a dick, then you're a moron as well.