ohio riders track day

ducati guy

Which track would you like to have an OR day at? Weekend or weekday event?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which track would you like to have an OR day at? Weekend or weekday event?

• Mid Ohio -
    • Grattan
    • Gingerman
    • Putnam
    • Nelson Ledges
    • Beaver Run
    • Others - please list in your post your suggestion
    • Weekend date - out of state
    • Weekday event - in state

Hey Prez, we had a killer showing at Putnam 2 years ago with you all, camping and the whole 9 yards! lol.

Actually Dubguy was there cuz his boys were running the event so there were even more of us lol.

Had to bust your balls, sorry.

I see OR folks in pics of damn near every AJ trackday. :lol:

Hey Prez, we had a killer showing at Putnam 2 years ago with you all, camping and the whole 9 yards! lol.

Actually Dubguy was there cuz his boys were running the event so there were even more of us lol.

Had to bust your balls, sorry.

I was talking gang up and rent a track...

So back to the track day thing..... I contacted NESBA, STT and MidOhio. MidOhio was the only one to respond. Depending on what they come back with, I will contact Putnum and Beaverun also.

I didn't respond because we have a new owner and he has a lot of sorting out to do. It has been addressed, but I think we might have to pass unless you can give us some numbers. We did it last year (You didn't come unfortunately) and we'd like to do it again.

It can't be a deal where it is asking for a price and going from there. We need to get an idea of what you are wanting. If it is just price, that's easy enough to do...

I didn't respond because we have a new owner and he has a lot of sorting out to do. It has been addressed, but I think we might have to pass unless you can give us some numbers. We did it last year (You didn't come unfortunately) and we'd like to do it again.

It can't be a deal where it is asking for a price and going from there. We need to get an idea of what you are wanting. If it is just price, that's easy enough to do...

I resent you the PM.

I thought every track day at Midohio, Nelson and Beaverun was an Ohioriders track day. I don't think there are as many track riders on here as it seems, and damn near every date gets posted with a handful of people going. As for an exclusive event, I'm sure numbers are lacking.

I just don't think anyone who can't break a 1:12 at Nelson Ledges is entitled to do much complaining about the surface.

Nelson surface sucks balls. :bigfinger::D

the stt and midohio split makes me a saaaaaaaaaaaaad paanda

+1. Any animosity towards STT unintentionally conveyed in my posts is a direct result of my abandonment issues.

I thought every track day at Midohio, Nelson and Beaverun was an Ohioriders track day. I don't think there are as many track riders on here as it seems, and damn near every date gets posted with a handful of people going. As for an exclusive event, I'm sure numbers are lacking.

Nelson surface sucks balls. :bigfinger::D

+1. Any animosity towards STT unintentionally conveyed in my posts is a direct result of my abandonment issues.

Honestly, without pissing anyone off, you are right. There are not as many track day riders here as it seems. There are the typical suspects that chime in when it comes to the topic of track days. But, that number is pretty small if being truly honest...

nevermind i found the requirements, maybe ill track the kat, or just buy another biek for the track.

We've had guys on bikes that are well suited for track days and bikes that you'd never consider when speaking track. Bikes from cafe vintage bikes to ZX14s to sportsters to full blown ex-AMA racebikes. Your bike is fine. You'd start in Novice group anyways and that is more geared towards learning rather than lap times...

I plan to raise the kat back to stock, however im having trouble finding stock links. Guess ill have to pay a ton to get it from a dealer.

Casper that would be fun, but i would have to find a race suit, gloves, and boots for a price i can afford.

IP has closeout suits and such

I was thinking more of a relaxed thing to get folks like myself who have never done one out to the track for the first time.

Every track day is laid back. Well, compared to a race day... But, all in all, it is very much like a group of friends at the track. Wouldn't be any different than any other event...

I was thinking more of a relaxed thing to get folks like myself who have never done one out to the track for the first time.

I am planning on doing my first track day this summer. Early on so I enjoy it I can get to a few more. Hopefully you can get something together.

Every track day is laid back. Well, compared to a race day... But, all in all, it is very much like a group of friends at the track. Wouldn't be any different than any other event...

I Think this is common misconception for Riders that have never done a trackday...

STT has a group for YOU... If you can tour the backroads at the speed limit. Your Good to GO!;)

It's just much SAFER at a trackday.

So back to the track day thing..... I contacted NESBA, STT and MidOhio. MidOhio was the only one to respond. Depending on what they come back with, I will contact Putnum and Beaverun also.

Ohio is the bastard-child of NESBA's schedule.

the way their regions are divided, we're in the "midwest" region, but the "mid-atlantic" tracks are closer; at least BeaveRun is.

If you PM'd NESBA Brian (BuckyBadger), I haven't even seen him on the NESBA board lately. Busy guy in the off-season so he can take 4 day weekends during riding season.

As far as what we call it, I couldn't care any less if it's an "ohio-riders" trackday, or an STT day where we all meet up and camp.

In a perfect world, I'd pay a pretty penny to ride the day or two before the AMA teams start practice at Mid-Ohio. Week of July 4th I think.

Ride a day or two, then watch the AMA practice, qualifying, and races. We'd either have a fucking awesome time, or all hate each other after 4 days :p

Weekdays are tougher so it depends on what is going on at work. However I'll try to be at any event that is organized.

Gingerman is my favorite, but it is a haul. Grattan is just as far. best way to avoid the high tolls, is go up i75 or 23 at TOledo and go across MI via I94 or I96 depending on which on you're headed to.

Since I just moved here, I'd love to try Nelson or Beaverun. I love MO, but it' pricey and the schedule for next year is crap. Obvious preference to the 4 wheeled cages.

Plan it and we'll be there.