Paralyzed and still riding - How it works!

Bkizz

You may have already seen the video of my bike at QSL back in August. Since then, I had been meaning to make another video showing how I get on my bike and actually ride it. I've just been so busy with school and moving and before I knew it, it was almost winter. I made this video on the last decent day in November. The sound and video quality are pretty bad but you get the jist of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcrxeFx_o4o

This is a new video I made. It's just me talking about my injury and the process I went through to get back on the bike. Check it out! Some of you are in the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yelfwz2sYw

QSL Bike night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS4JRDbBjAk

Thanks to everyone here who has supported me from the hospital to rehab and up until now. Many of you made donations to help me get my life back on track and every penny had been appreciated. Others have offered their time, trailers, tools, painting skills and garage space to help me get this bike back in the condition it is now and there is no way I could've done it all myself. Thanks to all of you who came to my QSL benefit last October and went on my benefit ride in June. You are a great group of people!

Edited by Bkizz
  • Upvote 2

dude, I actually did a trackday a few weeks ago in Carolina that has a bike like yours and rides intermediate pace.. He is paralyzed from the ribs down like you and he cornered LOOOWWW!!! He couldn't hang off the bike obviously but he was quick.. I tried to get some video but my camera died... Keep on keepin on man!

Fascinating way the bike is set up - pretty cool indeed.

Be cool if you could devise a small, fold up chair that could be mounted to a rack on the back of the bike - so you'd have a chair ready when you get to your destination.

I'd be happy to machine the rack up for you if you can come up with some sort of design for the chair. The rack itself would be the easy part... the chair; not so easy. For all I know, some one already has one developed.

Anyway, looks like a decent set up on the bike. Let me know when you're ready for a cross country trip!

Check out this guy's set up:

bikechair.jpg

He made the rack system to carry his chair by himself. Pretty cool.

I also like the toe cups he has on his footboards to help keep his toes onboard. Nice! Easy to make as well.

Just seen this on Kawifroums! This is so cool! Like jporter12 said, you ever need someone to ride with, or just want to go ride, us know!

I JUST SAW .........NOT SEEN DANGET!!!!!! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET THAT RIGHT!!! :nono:

The past simple tense is saw.

The past perfect tense is have seen. "You saw it" or "you have seen it".

Edited by Dubguy85

Check out this guy's set up:

bikechair.jpg

He made the rack system to carry his chair by himself. Pretty cool.

I also like the toe cups he has on his footboards to help keep his toes onboard. Nice! Easy to make as well.

That set up is a good idea and would definitely expand the distance I can ride.

Still, part of the appeal of not having the chair is my ability to feel like I did before...and not have people associate me with my wheelchair. It's nice to get away from occasionally.

Any time you need someone to go out for a ride again, let me know! As long as it isn't in the snow, I'll be up for it!

Thanks Judd! Nope...no riding in the snow.

I JUST SAW .........NOT SEEN DANGET!!!!!! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET THAT RIGHT!!! :nono:

The past simple tense is saw.

The past perfect tense is have seen. "You saw it" or "you have seen it".

Haha, opps. O well, I knew what I ment! Thanks for the tip :bow:

• 2 weeks later...