Fast Five (Fast and Furious)

NinjaNick

Ever see a Civic detonate while spraying? Oh my God, it's hilarious. It's probably the best thing to come out of those movies actually. Everyone things they can spray "the big shot" through their stock 1.6 and 1.8L 4-bangers. Freaking hilarious when they backfire through the intake and their intake lets loose. I have to say, maybe some good did come out of these movies. I love watching idiots blow up their cars.

I've seen many a Pro Mod and Top Sportman guys blow their load on Nitrous, but never a I4 street ride. Compared to the Pros, I'd imagine the street cars probably look/sound like a wet fart.

My father got a HondaS2000 because of the 2nd movie. It sold the car to him. He had that little thing pimped out and on roids. I will admit it made everyone think their cars fast just from an exhaust tip; those douches are lame. The real deals have tons of aftermarket shit and are actually fast. Just like my buddy at work has a built/turbo eclipse near the 600hp mark...it is INSANE to ride in!

+1.. I had a 2003 v6 supercharged tiburon putting out around 350whp with zex.. Only used the zex a few times, but was fun none the less... I prob put $15000 in that car after spending 21 on the car.. UGH.. what a money pit :nono:.. But my dad and I bonded like no other working on that thing..I wouldn't take back a second of it. Could never get enough traction to run 12's though.. Thing was a horrible platform to start from.

Turbos are better than NOS in my opinion. Always on tap, and does less damage.

what about NX or ZEX? do you prefer other nitrous systems instead of NOS?

bro...ferreal, nawz is the shit..

and turbos and nitrous all have their proper applications....sometimes one is better than the other, depends how youre using it.

I've seen many a Pro Mod and Top Sportman guys blow their load on Nitrous, but never a I4 street ride. Compared to the Pros, I'd imagine the street cars probably look/sound like a wet fart.

When you're spraying 2-5 times the total horsepower of a Civic, it's not all that strange to blow the motor. Usually it's just a burnt piston or bent valve.

I was in it for a while. right at the end of my MX racing I had a sweet stang. But it was a true street car. Was nothing like that. 306 stage III eldebrock lunatti cam true ram air induction Vortex Novi. and yes I had NOS, a true 150 shot. Car would bust some ass, and was totally street!

You say street for that vette. I say street for my stang. My definition come from the 30K I put on the car before I put it back to stock and sold it. Car made three trips to ft myers florida before I sold it with all the add ons working just fine, driving to and from Johnstown Ohio.

But, you are correct. I dont know where it happens at any longer. Far far away from that stuff for a long long time. One too many run ins with the po po and the car went down the road and I changed to a bike to save my ass from going to jail.

my dad had a badass iroc....will finn (attackpainters brother) bought it from me and got it running right

there is still a small part of me that wants another to drop in an LSx

this was my badass Italian Retard Out Cruising. I hated those damn wheels but I didn't have enough money at the time to get rid of em. The power mods were more important

DSC01395.jpg

+1.. I had a 2003 v6 supercharged tiburon putting out around 350whp with zex.. Only used the zex a few times, but was fun none the less... I prob put $15000 in that car after spending 21 on the car.. UGH.. what a money pit :nono:.. But my dad and I bonded like no other working on that thing..I wouldn't take back a second of it. Could never get enough traction to run 12's though.. Thing was a horrible platform to start from.

Post up your dyno sheets and timeslips. I want to see this 350+ HP Tiburon that couldn't run 12s.

my dads iroc had aluminum edelbrock heads, nice cam, paxton blower, and tons of other stuff...it had almost everything you could add to one without getting insane lol....i shoulda kept it but i was dealing with a lot when he passed and had my stang all torn apart and just didnt want another car sitting around

it had stock iroc wheels, but will added some other wheels to it...heres how it sits now

26021_1328104399717_1144146396_30997903_357722_n.jpg

oh...and i hope you meant your mother bought an s2000...surely your father wouldnt be driving that thing...

Really s2000's are very streetable sports cars.... VERY! What are your other options on a FR two seater sports cars nowadays? Especially that put down such good overall numbers, and we're not talkin hp and torque specs here. I think Honda did a very good job with these little guys.

Wait... so Vin Diesel really doesn't live his life a quarter mile at a time? *sadface* :(

:lol:

• Upvote 1

LOL and lets not forget, that ricers were here before F&F.. They just had 80's mustangs, thunderbirds, and Irocs and thought they were the shit
Guy who built a Tiburon, throwing $12k into it yet couldn't run 12s, mocking Fox body Mustangs and 3rd gen Irocs = :lol: You give me a Mustang or Iroc and $12k, I'll build you a 10s street car.
not necessarily....youre forgetting centri blowers like vortech

twin screw and roots blowers are indeed fun, but i prefer the top end pull of a centri or turbo instead

Uhm. Do you know what centri is short for? I'll help you out here: centrifugal supercharger. A blower is the roots style. FYI. :D

Post up your dyno sheets and timeslips. I want to see this 350+ HP Tiburon that couldn't run 12s.

Will look.. my personal computer died, and only one I have now is work computer and my wifes new mac.. Lost almost everything I had saved on it. I might have a pic or 2 of it, but thats it.

lol i bet the car could run 12s....im guessing the driver couldnt

MEH.. Yea, maybe, but most of the fast tiburon guys on the 2003 + guys in the 12's were snapping axles.. I had horrid wheel hop and and no traction.. I didn't have the best wheel tire combo either.. I did more shows than I did drag race.. I wasn't out there to beat on my car that I put all my money into.. Id rather nancy it around and roll race with the F&F crowd :p