Fast Five (Fast and Furious)

NinjaNick

a mustang with anything but a v8 just isnt right....its ok for some cars to have badass v6s, like GNs and supras, or even 4 bangers like evos etc...but a mustang needs to have a v8...if its a v6, idgaf how much power it makes, its still a girls mustang

I have to disagree with you on this one. Balance the weight out with a smaller engine. If I were building a track car, I'd probably start with the new V6 Mustang.

Post the dyno sheet then. Seeing as though the fastest older Tiburon with a stock block I've ever heard of put down 327HP and ran 12.60s, I'm doubting your's was that much more horsepower yet slower. This guy had around $8k in the motor alone. Full forged rotating internals, crank rods pistons. $4k NGM custom supercharger setup. $1k NOS direct port wet kit. Etc. And he was only able to get 327HP. The Jattus stage 3 turbo kit only puts down 273HP. NGM has a roots style Eaton MP90 kit that will put down 312HP with 8-10 PSI. You can bump up the PSI, but they even say anything over the 8-10 PSI/325~HP will grenade your stock block. Looking at your engine pics, looks like you were running the Alpine setup. Stage 2 with the intercooler it looks like? Those guys peaked at 265HP to the wheels. So unless you had MAJOR internal work done, and were spraying a 100 shot, I don't see 350+HP from that car. Sorry dude. A picture of the dyno sheet will put it to rest though. Unless the dyno/work was done at Passen. Then I just feel bad for you.

Yea they peaked at 265 with the stock pulleys. I had the smaller upper and the 7inch lower pulley and was pushing 300 without nitrous ;).. I'm sure you know more about cars than I do, but I can promise you that I would kill you in terms of this generation tiburon knowledge.

I love all the M series but they are expensive as shit!!! I can't imagine spending over 40K for a car let alone 60 - 100!!!

yea they are all amazing cars. One day when I get a bigger garage to store multiple vehicles I'll have an M3 sitting next to bikes and the Firehawk I need.

i lost interest because it costs too much money to play with cars...sold it and i will never look back...ill stick with bikes, more fun anyways

exactly how i feel currently. Once I got the bike, my car left the garage a total of 3 times in 6 months. Plus I was sick of all the money I was dropping and the pain in the ass they were to work on

a mustang with anything but a v8 just isnt right....its ok for some cars to have badass v6s, like GNs and supras, or even 4 bangers like evos etc...but a mustang needs to have a v8...if its a v6, idgaf how much power it makes, its still a girls mustang

:lol: I like you more and more when you make comments like these. I wholeheartedly agree.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Balance the weight out with a smaller engine. If I were building a track car, I'd probably start with the new V6 Mustang.

i dunno, the weight difference isn't as much as it used to be I bet

Yea they peaked at 265 with the stock pulleys. I had the smaller upper and the 7inch lower pulley and was pushing 300 without nitrous ;).. I'm sure you know more about cars than I do, but I can promise you that I would kill you in terms of this generation tiburon knowledge.

By lower pulley you mean the crank pulley? The stock pulley was 6", right? So 1" larger, assuming you were running a 2.75-2.8" supercharger pulley, puts you around 12-13psi assuming stock headers. Aftermarket headers, you're probably back down around 9psi. Am I close?

By lower pulley you mean the crank pulley? The stock pulley was 6", right? So 1" larger, assuming you were running a 2.75-2.8" supercharger pulley, puts you around 12-13psi assuming stock headers. Aftermarket headers, you're probably back down around 9psi. Am I close?

Gettin there

what pisses me off most about these movies is how much shit they get wrong, and just write it off as "custom."

I only watched the trailer once, and didn't pay super close attention, but it looked to me like Paul whatever his name is and Vin Diesel were shifting gears ...in the Dodge Charger SRT8. A manual isn't an option.

I know i'm asking for realism in a make-believe environment, but to me it's just a matter of doing it right. If you put a motorcycle in a movie, make sure the twins sound like twins, and the I4's sound like I4's.

if you're putting a 425hp hemi in a mercedes chassis, give it a transmission that exists... the masses may not give a shit, but enthusiasts do.

That statement explains so much about you.

And no, the first F&F movie ruined the car scene. What used to be fun, going out and racing in industrial parks and such, became a clusterfuck of 16-21 yr old with mommy and daddy's Civic thinking they were race car drivers. Even with the fart can making your car sound like a bunch of pissed off horny bubblebees, 15s 1/4 miles are nothing to brag about.

Not just ricers but every hick with a beat to shit mustang or pontiac.

These movies ruined everything about the car scene.

Although this thread derailed into a measuring contest while I was at work, I just wanted to say that I agree with this 100%.

Those of you who think F&F started the "car scene" were obviously not part of the pre-F&F car scene. You just showed up when a bunch of shitboxes with wings and fart cans brought the rave to the parking lot and got everybody kicked out.

Anyone who thinks I was serious about starting the car scene is an idiot

don't lie brah, you totally meant it. we're just waiting for you to tell us how "for those 12 seconds or more, you're free"

also, I'll see all you homos at race wars.