Fast Five (Fast and Furious)

NinjaNick

Uhm. Do you know what centri is short for? I'll help you out here: centrifugal supercharger. A blower is the roots style. FYI. :D

yes i know what its short for and how it works lol.... all superchargers = blowers, not just roots and twin screw! :p at least thats how ive always heard it and how ive always said it also

I'm betting the car didn't come close to 350+ HP to the wheels.

bullshit...ricer math is right on the box bro

"high performance air filter - this filter guarantees gains of at least 25hp"

"racing exhaust tip - gain up to 50hp with this high-flow racing Folgers can"

"nawz sticker - better than vtec, yo."

Ironic how guys who like fast cars straight line or not, don't care for that same outlook when it comes to bikes. I do. I love fast so I have a 14. :D

i do...ide build me a a nice stretched 1k if i had the money...drag racing a bike beats anything ive done...if i had the cash, ide have 4 bikes... drag bike, track bike, cruiser, and a backroads sport bike

right now, if i was to get a bike...i would go for a drag bike

Ironic how guys who like fast cars straight line or not, don't care for that same outlook when it comes to bikes. I do. I love fast so I have a 14. :D

To me, fast is fast. I love 1/4 mile, autocross, and road course. Beaverun in a Fox body Mustang while passing and Audi S4 and a WRX STI in two different turns = :D :D :D :D :D

To me, fast is fast. I love 1/4 mile, autocross, and road course. Beaverun in a Fox body Mustang while passing and Audi S4 and a WRX STI in two different turns = :D :D :D :D :D

guy at my church has a fully built 68 shelby gt350 set up for road racing...it has everything...he gets out there passing up people in brand new sport cars...it would suck driving a shiny new vette around mid-o and having a 60yr old man in a 40 year old car blow past you lol

IMO its easier to handle a fast car than a fast bike, granted still being a newb I think 600's are plenty fast.....for now

i disagree....a fast bike will always be more manageable than a fast car....you have to think, a 12 second car is considered fairly quick....a lot of people cant handle a 12 second car...but for a bike, 12 seconds is slow and tons of people can manage them

if youre comparing just stock fast rides...a brand new busa, is going to be WAY faster than a brand new sport car... controlling a 9 second machine is going to be harder than a 12 second machine

in a car, you have so much more going on, that its much easier to lose control or fuck something up....on a bike, theres less chances to make mistakes than a car

i disagree....a fast bike will always be more manageable than a fast car....you have to think, a 12 second car is considered fairly quick....a lot of people cant handle a 12 second car...but for a bike, 12 seconds is slow and tons of people can manage them

if youre comparing just stock fast rides...a brand new busa, is going to be WAY faster than a brand new sport car... controlling a 9 second machine is going to be harder than a 12 second machine

in a car, you have so much more going on, that its much easier to lose control or fuck something up....on a bike, theres less chances to make mistakes than a car

yea, i meant in relative terms to the bike vs car. Say a 600rr runs a 10.5, in a car I would almost equate that to something in the 13 sec range. Whereas say a Busa would equate to a 10 second car. Not specific or necessarily true examples but catch my drift now? I also suppose I look at in the way that so much more can go wrong with me on a bike than in a car

i get where youre coming from.... but using your example, you think a 10 second car would be more manageable than a busa? with a busa, you just need to keep the front end down and keep truckin forward....with a car, you need to worry about so much more...and im thinking street driving not on the track...pulling out into intersections, leaving from stop lights, etc...to each their own i suppose...but anything quicker than 12s becomes a little more intense on the street, whereas bikes never really get to the point of being unstreetable, unless theyre setup as actual drag bikes

difference of opinion i suppose lol...i think i could handle a busa a lot easier than a 600-800hp trans am

i get where youre coming from.... but using your example, you think a 10 second car would be more manageable than a busa? with a busa, you just need to keep the front end down and keep truckin forward....with a car, you need to worry about so much more...and im thinking street driving not on the track...pulling out into intersections, leaving from stop lights, etc...to each their own i suppose...but anything quicker than 12s becomes a little more intense on the street, whereas bikes never really get to the point of being unstreetable, unless theyre setup as actual drag bikes

difference of opinion i suppose lol...i think i could handle a busa a lot easier than a 600-800hp trans am

oh yea I was thinking street as well. I dunno honestly, the fastest bike I've ridden is an R1 and neither time did I really open it up or anything so I my opinion is merely based on thoughts. The fastest car I've driven was a mid 11's car and that thing was fun as hell. Otherwise the only other cars I've personally had were 12's and 13's

oh yea I was thinking street as well. I dunno honestly, the fastest bike I've ridden is an R1 and neither time did I really open it up or anything so I my opinion is merely based on thoughts. The fastest car I've driven was a mid 11's car and that thing was fun as hell. Otherwise the only other cars I've personally had were 12's and 13's

I drove a Bugatti Veyron.. Does that Count? :D

it counts for making me jealous as hell! Once spring hits I have a 2011 BMW M6 with my name on it....but only for a test drive :(. Trying to talk my step dad into trading his current 6 series in for it

i just reread your post to see if you mentioned how big of a nitrous shot you were using...and i just realized that car was supercharged, and sprayed, and made 350hp

i would be pissed lol...guess thats why i never got into 4 bangers, too much money involved to make real numbers

im assuming it was a 100 shot, so lets say 247whp supercharged....so....150s with bolt ons? something like that close?

not for me...to each their own

and no matter how much power you have, if you dont have the right tires and suspension, youre not going to be fast...a 347hp tiburon easily has 12s in it...no questions asked...you needed to tweak the suspension and put in some more seat time

it counts for making me jealous as hell! Once spring hits I have a 2011 BMW M6 with my name on it....but only for a test drive :(. Trying to talk my step dad into trading his current 6 series in for it

I love all the M series but they are expensive as shit!!! I can't imagine spending over 40K for a car let alone 60 - 100!!!

Wait... so Vin Diesel really doesn't live his life a quarter mile at a time? *sadface* :(

:lol:

if i had the cash, ide have 4 bikes... drag bike, track bike, cruiser, and a backroads sport bike

Sounds awesome, I'd like that too! :woo:

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

For realz? Whose was it?

*Damn this thread is cool. I'm loving this type of talk.*

i just reread your post to see if you mentioned how big of a nitrous shot you were using...and i just realized that car was supercharged, and sprayed, and made 350hp

i would be pissed lol...guess thats why i never got into 4 bangers, too much money involved to make real numbers

im assuming it was a 100 shot, so lets say 247whp supercharged....so....150s with bolt ons? something like that close?

not for me...to each their own

and no matter how much power you have, if you dont have the right tires and suspension, youre not going to be fast...a 347hp tiburon easily has 12s in it...no questions asked...you needed to tweak the suspension and put in some more seat time

It was a v6, but a weak v6

:lol:

Sounds awesome, I'd like that too! :woo:

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

For realz? Whose was it?

*Damn this thread is cool. I'm loving this type of talk.*

Tim Durham's.. My moms good friend in Indianapolis.. He had over 47 cars.. I was filming a video clip for something and he let me drive a few :D

my car was 90% done...it was good enough to joy ride, but was not ready to hit the track quite yet...i lost interest because it costs too much money to play with cars...sold it and i will never look back...ill stick with bikes, more fun anyways

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll112/tbutera2112/460%20build/?action=view&current=100_5136.flv

CIMG1443.jpg

Than you're an idiot.. It was 347whp on the dyno.. I sat there and watched it.

And I didn't put 15K in the engine alone.. I did so much other shit to the car.. :rolleyes:

car006.jpg

hotimportnights005.jpg

carforsale025.jpg

car002.jpg

finallyon003.jpg

Post the dyno sheet then. Seeing as though the fastest older Tiburon with a stock block I've ever heard of put down 327HP and ran 12.60s, I'm doubting your's was that much more horsepower yet slower. This guy had around $8k in the motor alone. Full forged rotating internals, crank rods pistons. $4k NGM custom supercharger setup. $1k NOS direct port wet kit. Etc. And he was only able to get 327HP. The Jattus stage 3 turbo kit only puts down 273HP. NGM has a roots style Eaton MP90 kit that will put down 312HP with 8-10 PSI. You can bump up the PSI, but they even say anything over the 8-10 PSI/325~HP will grenade your stock block. Looking at your engine pics, looks like you were running the Alpine setup. Stage 2 with the intercooler it looks like? Those guys peaked at 265HP to the wheels. So unless you had MAJOR internal work done, and were spraying a 100 shot, I don't see 350+HP from that car. Sorry dude. A picture of the dyno sheet will put it to rest though. Unless the dyno/work was done at Passen. Then I just feel bad for you.

• Upvote 1

Unless it's a GN or new Mustang. The new Mustang V6 is 300HP. :D

agree with GN...disagree with new mustang...its still a v6, the new mustang gt makes 400...honestly though, even if they made a 600hp v6 mustang, i would never get into it...i would rather have a 300hp v8 mustang than a 600hp v6 mustang

agree with GN...disagree with new mustang...its still a v6, the new mustang gt makes 400...honestly though, even if they made a 600hp v6 mustang, i would never get into it...i would rather have a 300hp v8 mustang than a 600hp v6 mustang

The track package is only available on the V6 this year. Big ol' snail, get that bitch up to 450+HP, light, oh yeah. I'm kinda digging on the V6.