End of the world countdown

Casper

I've actually given that a lot of thought...

And what I've come up with is it's still too soon/far away

I think the months closer will start to get very interesting

We're like 374 days out - when do you think people will realize they've got nothing to lose?

If someone truly believes that the world is going to end in 2012, they should already be living pretty recklessly.

if they're waiting for some sign of natural disaster, then they're not 'believers,' just willing converts :p

We're like 374 days out - when do you think people will realize they've got nothing to lose?

:confused: Huh?? We're 2 years out as of yesterday dude

That's 729 days by my complex calculations

i hope youre joking...if not, youre an idiot.

If you don't realize the difference modern technology & the media makes these days in spreading mass panic & paranoia instantaneously... Then you're the idiot

To the best of my knowledge... Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet in 1618

• Upvote 1

If someone truly believes that the world is going to end in 2012, they should already be living pretty recklessly.

Even though I don't actually believe the world will end in 2012, I have been using this as the excuse to my reckless lifestyle of partying too hard, spending too much money and going through bikes and cars like they are shirts. You're telling me I'm gonna have to come up with a new excuse in 374 days? Not cool

You're telling me I'm gonna have to come up with a new excuse in 374 days? Not cool

Just to clarify... How many days do you gheys think are in a year?? :dunno:

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long count Calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 23, 2012. December 23, 2012 is simply the first day of the 14th b'ak'tun. - Wiki

From and including: Wednesday, December 22, 2010

To, but not including : Sunday, December 23, 2012

It is 732 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date. Or 2 years, 1 day excluding the end date

date to date calculator

Edited by ReconRat

Just to clarify... How many days do you gheys think are in a year?? :dunno:

365 & 1/4

I'm counting to 1/1/2012 - I don't know much about the whole Mayan calendar end of the world nonsense, because it's nonsense. ReconRat's post sort of clears things up. I never really bothered to check whether it was the end of 2012 or the beginning.

we're 9 days from 2011 + 365 more to 2012.

374 days.

Even so, I could quit my job today and live on credit card debt for a couple years no problem.

365 & 1/4

I'm counting to 1/1/2012 - I don't know much about the whole Mayan calendar end of the world nonsense, because it's nonsense. ReconRat's post sort of clears things up. I never really bothered to check whether it was the end of 2012 or the beginning.

we're 9 days from 2011 + 365 more to 2012.

374 days.

Even so, I could quit my job today and live on credit card debt for a couple years no problem.

12/21/2012 is the date not 1/01/2012

and if mayans were so smart and able to predict the future etc, how come they couldnt predict the climate changes that wiped them out? LOL

Just out of curiosity: given that ecological/climatic change is but one of many (non-universally accepted, mind you) theories attempting to explain the collapse of the large Mayan urban centers...And looking past the fact that the Mayan calenders are purely mathematical/astronomical with a smattering of Ideology...

If it were possible to predict climatic changes that would indeed drastically limit the resources necessary to carry the population, how do you propose to prepare/deal with that over centuries with Classic/Post-Classic Mayan technology? Other than scattering into smaller bands and spreading out to make better use of the resources that are, and surviving as a culture into the 21st century as the Maya have done?

Edit:

Fuck the mayans

Sorry--I missed the suggestion that they keep reproducing.

Edited by Coyote

If it were possible to predict climatic changes that would indeed drastically limit the resources necessary to carry the population, how do you propose to prepare/deal with that over centuries with Classic/Post-Classic Mayan technology?

i dont know, theyre the ones that were supposed to be so damn smart - let them figure it out, im not mayan.

• 2 weeks later...