taurus?

Steve Butters

any thoughts on these guns?

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=283&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

ill be buying a gun for concealed carry in a few months, and ive been set on an xd40sc, but i came across this gun and thought ide see what people think...this one looks a little better to conceal, but im not sure how reliable they are or if anyone has any actual feedback

same price as the XD, so thats not a worry, just wondering which would be a better buy

springfield holds 3 more rounds, and im reading that taurus has the worst customer service ever....swaying me towards the XD...but the taurus is single stack, making it easier to conceal

Edited by Steve Butters

I've never been a fan of Taurus, although the new stuff gets decent reviews. I've also never shot one so take my comments for what they're worth. I'd check out the Beretta cougar series for a similar package as well as the small Glocks. The .45 is a great round, but continue to look at .40 caliber as well. The ballistics are similar, but you may find more options. Just my opinions, others may disagree.

Back in the day (queue old-guy voice), they made their mark making shitty copies of Smiths and Berettas. However, their Raging Bull revolver started a trend towards some innovative technology. They definitely stand on their own now as a legitimate manufacturer.

Edited by C-bus
2nd paragraph

If wheel guns are so awesome how come they are not standard issue for LE? Mostly they are used for backup guns. If they are the most reliable guns, why are special Forces using SAs during rescue missions? I can carry my XD and no one knows it is there, in fact I have. I have carried on many rides and no one knew it was there. Honestly I don't care what you carry as long as you carry. But enough of the "wheel guns are the best and semis suck" crap.

A cleaned semi, using good ammo is just as reliable as a clean wheel gun using good ammo. Both can fail...

I also had a gen III PT145. The first two gens has some frame issues but that was fixed in the gen III's. The latest versions (I think gen IV's now) have a completely different trigger and firing pin assembly making the triggers on the earlier models pretty inferior. There is A LOT of take up on the triggers of these guns, again it's better now than previously. It was a nice gun to carry, balance with a full mag was good, one of the first guns with "double strike" capabilities, etc.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them as a choice for consideration to purchase.

But by all means, go handle one and give a couple dry fires (with permission from the seller of course) to see if you will like the trigger. Some will hate it completely.

I love them, especially this model. Now ask me the same question 6-8 years ago, I would have never even thought about it. But since they have come into the future with the millenium and the 1911's They are a great company. before just a cheap knock off. The 1911's they are building are top notch. I ran one against a kimber when they first come out. I took the taurus... Better gun... especially for the price.

I had a PT92 that came with a mag jammed in the well...defective slide stop...a mag release that was not actually finished (there was no angle on the stop so that a mag could not be entered or ejected).

Having said that, once I fixed those problems, it became one of the most accurate pistols that I have owned..

I own a M840.. I love it it feels good looks good and shoots great. i only have about 300 rounds through it but never had a problem.... my father and brother both bought the TCP and i have about 100 rounds through those. the problems we had with feeding we traced back to the reload ammo at the range. once we switched to federal and winchester it ran perfect.. i woulnd't hesitate to buy a taurus in the future or carry one for my ccw..