Am I the only one with a Harley

junkyardjeff

Seems that most are sportbikers on this Forum. But I think we're all fans of 2 wheels, that's fo sho.

Majority sportbikes, yes. But there are plenty of cruisers around here.

Alot of the cruiser guys aren't as active here in the forum, but they're around!

The sports bikes look too uncomfortable for me due to back injuries many years ago from a car wreck so its cruisers for me,I might have to get a more comfy riding bike then what I have due to back pain. I wish now I would have spent about three thousand dollars more and bought a touring when I bought the Superglide since its now going to cost me more to upgrade.

Who say you gotta be one or the other - I like both. Sometimes it feels good with your hair on fire and sometimes slow and easy feels good. -All bikes are cool..:cool:

agreed. If work hadn't put me in a tough situation, I was highly considering picking up a cruiser this year so I can have my sport bike, my sport tourer and a cruiser to fit every riding situation of my needs

I'm trying to get my dad to upgrade to a newer harley and give me/sell on the cheap his electraglide :D

Yeah lots of HD and the other other metric cruisers too.

You'll find me slumin with them alot of the time.

We even have a guy that makes pipes. He goes by Oomp here. Mostly does exhausts for Hondas but will do others if he can keep your bike while doing them.

It's the only time I can be the fastest. :lol:

JK. I'm more of a sightseer when I ride. Just cruising taking in the beauty of our great Nation. Being with people I like and talking shit about the rest of you fuckers. :D

We even have a guy that makes pipes. He goes by Oomp here. Mostly does exhausts for Hondas but will do others if he can keep your bike while doing them.

Where has he been? Haven't seen him on here in a bit. I wanna see that cool ass rat bike again.

I ride a Harley as well.....an XR1200....even more of a bastard child. Heck, even Harley riders don't like the bike;).

Thats the only HD I'd have. The Harley guys dont care for it much? Whats up with that?

Thats the only HD I'd have. The Harley guys dont care for it much? Whats up with that?

It doesn't fit in with the rest of the line. Sales of the XR are really slow. There are dealerships with leftover '09's they can't sell, hence me getting a screaming deal on this one. I found it at a dealer in Montana since Harley of Cincy would hardly come down on the orange one they had left. Of course, stuffing them back in a dark corner of the dealership and never showing them to a customer doesn't help either. Most dealers won't even try to sell them and since the '09 & '10's sold so slowly they won't even stock the '11's. They almost treat them like the dealers used to treat Buell's....maybe because they have Buell parts on them:rolleyes:. The typical Harley rider has no interest in them and most sportbike riders dismiss them. All the better, I like the idea of not passing another on the road. Now, if I lived in the L.A. area there are quite a few owners there. Over on the dedicated XR1200 website a lot of folks are from either the L.A. area or Europe.

Edited by modular
  • Upvote 1