New Rules At Wayne National

buildit

Announced this evening 1-13-11. A helmet and goggles are required to ride the trails. Flip Flops and shorts still optional. :rolleyes:

Also announced........... No Alcohol! Oh, I can hear the red neck quad riders crying. :p

I thought these were the rules all along?

They were not. And you wouldn't believe how many families you would see out there with flanel shirts, no helmets and no eye protection flying around out of control. Lots of idiots. I don't see an issue with this regulation, even though I'm very against any regulation.

All I know is I've seen riders on quads there with beer coolers strapped on front and back. So maybe the new law is "No Alcohol" as in we don't care if your riding or not when we find it.

Heck, I oppose commercial insurance too and should be exempted. Except who else but the current working generation can pay for the current retired generation's SSI. (or whatever it's called now).

<sarcastic humor>

We should all be having more babies. More babies means more workers paying into SSI when we retire. Thus the system wins and we win. </sarcastic humor. not serious folks.>

There was a guy at the corner of 16 and 37 in alexandria, before they started the new route, got busted mowing his grass, with a open container. It was awesome, he was pissed the trooper came on his property to give him a ticket for drinking a beer while mowing his grass... :D

They ended up taking him to jail, after he turned the tractor toward one of the troopers, they said with the intent to tun over them with the mower, and the other pulled his gun. oops should not have turned there to complete your strip of grass.

There was a guy at the corner of 16 and 37 in alexandria, before they started the new route, got busted mowing his grass, with a open container. It was awesome, he was pissed the trooper came on his property to give him a ticket for drinking a beer while mowing his grass... :D

They ended up taking him to jail, after he turned the tractor toward one of the troopers, they said with the intent to tun over them with the mower, and the other pulled his gun. oops should not have turned there to complete your strip of grass.

Must have been something more to that story as if you are drinking on your own property, that is perfectly fine. Now, if he was mowing and on the road for some reason or on State property, he can get nailed... Had to be something like he was being an idiot and neighbors called the cops or something...

We had guys getting nailed for DUI after being stopped for riding on the county roads. When pulled over, they were drunk and the Sheriff cited them and they ended up getting license suspensions. They will tie the offense to your driving record whether on horse, quad, bicycle, etc... I think it has to be on a mode of transportation if I remember correctly...

• 2 weeks later...

I was returning to camp once, saw a tree down at the trail head, went around it and didn't go through the trail head posts and got a $150 ticket for riding "off trail".

Quit riding there a bit ago. Allegheny Trails are an option.