Jst2fst

Are you getting a Verizon iPhone  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting a Verizon iPhone

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Don't care

So in the wake of Verizon getting the iPhone they are also doing away with early upgrades and the new every two years they had going for them . According to their release the company looses more money on the program than it brings in. Also with some peoples contracts about to end and the iPhone coming to the network they are scrambling to not loose money on the iPhone with the new every two year program.

http://www.smartmoney.com/spending/technology/verizon-ends-new-every-two-and-early-upgrades-1294852427732/

That screwed me out of getting a new phone the Droid X or iPhone. Not getting either if I have to pay retail $600 not worth it.

when was the last time you upgraded? My new every 2 isn't up for another 6 months but I get to keep it

when was the last time you upgraded? My new every 2 isn't up for another 6 months but I get to keep it

I just did an upgrade last summer, I'm thinking about switching from my blackberry. Were on a family plan so I can't upgrade yet again.

I just did an upgrade last summer, I'm thinking about switching from my blackberry. Were on a family plan so I can't upgrade yet again.

you should still get one last upgrade if I'm reading this right

I think I might go today and try to sweet talk them into letting my upgrade early though I'm guessing with what the article said thats going to be a hard case

That's what I'm thinking I hope so because I need to upgrade from my Curve to something faster and better.

I think I'm going to give in and get the Iphone. I don't really need it but my ipod is starting to take a shit so thinking 2 birds with one stone

I think I'm going to give in and get the Iphone. I don't really need it but my ipod is starting to take a shit so thinking 2 birds with one stone

My ipod meet a wall because if decided it didn't want to work anymore. Thought about doing the same thing as you but would like the droid because you can use more apps. Then buy a 32gb touch and call it quits.

They upgraded me early a few days ago....renewed my new every two b4jan 16th so I can upgrade again in two more years lol

Yea, it said that if you renew you contract by the 16th then you still get to keep it. But that's only a small number of Verizon users though. :nono:

That screwed me out of getting a new phone the Droid X or iPhone. Not getting either if I have to pay retail $600 not worth it.

You will still get the phone at a subsidized price, just won't get any discountoff that price. Too many people were upgrading early and this is what came of it. You will be able to get a phone for the subsidized price your contract expires but if you don't last two years, that's a lot of money for a Damn phone.

I don't know how they lose money when the new every two was only $50 not worth shit when your dealing with a $199 phone..

Actually I'm suprised it lasted as long as it did..

Gee, I always got $100 off. In fact last June I upgraded to the Droid Incredable and it was $199 and I had a coupon for an additional $100, so it only cost me -$1.00:)

I don't know how they lose money when the new every two was only $50 not worth shit when your dealing with a $199 phone..

Actually I'm suprised it lasted as long as it did..

youre mistaken i think....$50? maybe for the mail in rebate lol...

go look at retail prices on phones.... any new smart phone is going to be $500-$600... then your "new every two" price woulda been like 299.99 with a $100 mail in rebate or 199.99 with a 50.00 mail in rebate etc...they were selling phones for 30-40% of retail value with new every two...i bet they lose money on every phone they sell at those prices

also (not towards you holly) -

if you didnt upgrade by the 16th youre still eligible for your next upgrade - you just wont be for the one after that, any new customers or customers renewing cant join new every two anymore....but if youre already on a plan with it, then youre good to go for your next upgrade - just no more after that

They are saying that current subscribers will get one more upgrade. I believe that if enough people (verizon customers) complain and let them know that it may cause them to lose their customer base. The powers to be can sometimes be reasoned with. But then again.... I have bought all my phones off ebay or other such sources in the internet with the exception of my current one.