Need Exhaust Recommendations for CBR 1000 RR

DTM Brian

Cliffs:

It is either a 2006 or 2007. I can not remember.

1. Customer is wanting a complete system.

2. Cost is not really a concern.

3. Looking for something that will shine in the higher rpm's even if the mid range suffers.

4. Spraying 40-50 of the zesty sauce depending on what we can get for fuel with a Bazzaz box.

Customer has a little bet with someone with a Mid 9 sec car who claims he will walk any liter bike from 40 to 140.

What system do I tell him to go with?

I will post the dyno results as a thank you for your help. :D

I would personally choose Akra just based on their reputation as well as an article I recently read about them. They seem to be a class act, not to say that Arata isn't.

Either would yield great results and the likely small difference in performance between the two would hardly justify the price difference between Akra, Arata, and the Leo Vince people have recommended.

I enjoyed the Sato pipe that I had on mine, and my old boss had a full Sato exhaust on his 2006 (might have been a 2007) CBR 1000, it was nasty. Loud growl and with a Power Commander he made some serious numbers over stock.

I'm interested in seeing the numbers when you get 'em.

I would call guys at Ohlins and ask for brian stokes's brother and see if he can source what brian did. I am almost certain it was an arrow.

Don't go to the cookie cutter sites like gixxer.com and cbr whatever. I wouldn't go to them for sources on performance tips on bikes. Call a reputable source and see what they say. He'll, even guys like KRW have probably dynod them and can tell you best.