Shameless plug for KTM Race Orange Events at Mid-Ohio...

Moto-Brian

As most of you know by now, I am with KTM and direct the Race Orange events at Mid-Ohio when we cross over with their PTR program.

I should say that Brett still directs, but I am the call maker regarding the bikes and our program. I get to be the heavy and also the cool guy...

Anyways, just a plug for the 2011 Race Orange Events this year.

The dates are as follows:

Monday, April 25

Monday, May 2

Wednesday, June 1

Thursday, July 21

Monday, July 25

Wednesday, August 31

You can get the basic info here:

http://www.midohio.com/School/Courses/Motorcycles/KTM-Race_Orange-Fly-and-Ride-Program

A little info regarding the whole deal. The bikes will be 2011 RC8Rs. This is a new generation of the previous RC8s. We no longer have a standard version and only an R model. The R model has had some great updates that will show themselves when you ride it, but overall, the changes feel like we added 20 hp to the thing. The bike is smoother, less vibration and overall, a better package.

As for what you as a rider can expect, we treat these bikes like they are our children. Each and every one of them are my responsibility and we make sure they are treated well.

I hate to be the dick and say this, but if you mis-treat my bikes, you will get an ear full and probably not enjoy my response. Treat them as if they were your own and not like it was a car from Enterprise Rental Car.

Now, to the fun stuff... The bikes will be accessible by Novice riders all the way up to seasoned Advanced riders. This is a chance to find out what the bike is all about. It isn't everyday that you get a chance to ride such a great machine that is not only unique and somewhat rare, but also one that is a well performing bike in the environment it was developed - the race track!

I know a few of you are somewhat hesitant to ride as you worry about crashing one. The deal is really simple. If you crash our bikes, you will most likely be held responsible for the damage. There is two ways to look at this. One, don't think you are going to crash. That will only lead you to be restricting yourself mentally and restrictive to your ability. Second, if the unfortunate crash does occur, we talk to you, find out what happened and we take that all in to account when going over the bike. Act like an idiot and try to do dumb things? We will send you a bill. Act professional and act like a normal human being and we will come to a great end result. Typically, the parts are at below dealer cost and no labor factored in.

If you would crash your own bike and did your own repair, the likelihood of it being cheaper is very low. We have yet to have a major incident and typical repairs are levers, clip-ons, rearsets, scuffed plastic that cannot be re-used, etc. Again, we talk and we evaluate each and every crash.

If you need rental suits, Mid-Ohio has a full line of S&S suits (I believe) and can accommodate you in that regard. In the end, you really just need gear and a way to the track.

You are treated like a pro rider. We fuel them, we keep good tires on them, we line them up for you to come and ride away! We also have a few guys on the team that are pretty accomplished racers and can assist if the Mid-Ohio coaches cannot. We are also available to answer any questions you may have.

Last year, we had a few other street models available to ride for customers. That should be the same this go around. I will verify that as soon as the info is available. Those bikes would be like the 990 SMR, 690 Duke, etc.

The price is extremely affordable considering you are essentially showing up and swinging a leg over a brand new machine. Take out the cost of fuel you would use, the wear on the tires you would have and it actually is a cheaper event than had you brought your own bike!

For 2011, we are providing the Mid-Ohio coaches with a number of RC8Rs. We are also giving Mid-Ohio some RC8Rs for rental use if you should wish to try one on a non Race Orange event. This is something I think will be a smash hit after the feedback we got from their customer appreciation day. We allowed customers to ride the RC8R and RC8 standard in sessions to get a feel for free. It was great and was sold out even though it was a colder day. We had many people asking if we were doing this more through 2011 and hopefully, the rental aspect will suit their needs.

Here are some pics of the 2011 RC8R...

White: Glossy paint this year vs. matte colors!

2011ktmrc8r3.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Black: Glossy paint also!

2011ktmrc8r1.jpg

2011ktm1190rc8rrearside.jpg

Black with a few of our KTM Power Parts added:

47253rc8r20113307.jpg

Some action shots:

47179rc8r2011action3307.jpg

47190rc8r2011action3307.jpg

No mention of the other program you have going on? RC8 Rentals on regular trackdays....

I've done the KTM Days twice now and had a blast, and it's uber-convienient not having to haul a bike there.

Yeah, I mentioned the rentals in the post.

I do not know the cost they are charging. I am just responsible that they have bikes, they are maintained and if anything bad happens, I get a call...:D

You change your name again??

Yeah. Instead of STT-Brian, I asked Ben to change it to KTM-Brian. It allows me to post info on Mid-Ohio events from KTM without it being a conflict. I think everyone knows I am still helping STT... I just thought it more fair to promote w/o having STT in the name.

Plus, the Mid-Ohio guys are awesome and are doing a great job.

• 3 months later...
Hey YSR_Racer...I will be there for June 1...Silver Teknic Leathers with blue boots and a Monster Energy Arai.....

Will keep an eye open. Three or four of us are going (fourth is a holdout...). Two piece white/ black/ red Spidi leathers. Helmet TBD, but probably a black Shark with orange dragons (Duhamel rep).

Thought there would be more people attending. Glad we didn't do the April date.

Will keep an eye open. Three or four of us are going (fourth is a holdout...). Two piece white/ black/ red Spidi leathers. Helmet TBD, but probably a black Shark with orange dragons (Duhamel rep).

There are quite a few that will be there. I believe it is almost sold out...

Does anyone know how much the leathers rental is at mid ohio?

Would i be able to get the pants for my shift jacket and be able to ride?

Its a textile though. I've never done a track day so i'd be in the novice.

PM the Mid-Ohio person on here. Check in the sponsor section... I do believe that as long as the pants are 360 zipper, you are fine in Novice... However, if it is a mesh jacket, I doubt they allow that. I know SHIFT does a textile Cordura w/o mesh and that would be OK with most. You need to ask first.

I also think the rental on suits is $75 per day. Again, clear that with Mid-Ohio. That's the best way to do it and get a good suit to protect you if something happens...

Sounds good...what are you guys running? I will be in intermediate....

Brian, any word on the alternate dates for the rainouts? Currently I am down for July 21. That is a big delay from April 25. I am getting desperate enough to contemplate hitching a ride and taking my own bike.

Brian, any word on the alternate dates for the rainouts? Currently I am down for July 21. That is a big delay from April 25. I am getting desperate enough to contemplate hitching a ride and taking my own bike.

I know theya re going to look at future dates, but haven't heard anything conrete yet. There most likely will be, though!

If there is anyone going on June 1 that wants to carpool from NE Ohio, let me know. I am in New Philadelphia and have room for maybe 2 riders...

I figure with gas being a bit pricey, this might help a couple people...

Feel free to PM....

Huge kudos to Brian, Mid-Ohio, Dunlop, and all the crewmembers of each organization. I was there on Wednesday, and it was awesome. Well-organized and ran like clockwork. Thanks to all involved.

Glad you had a great time. Saw Bart there and wished you guys stopped by to say "hey", but knew it was busy for everyone.

We couldn't do it without you guys as customers and the Mid-Ohio staff and instructors. We are really glad when the days are like yesterday and the weather is beautiful and works with us. We also had a few get offs, but every one was minor at best.

Great day and we look forward to the remaining events.

Thanks for supporting us and Mid-Ohio!

Anyways, just a plug for the 2011 Race Orange Events this year.

The dates are as follows:

Monday, April 25

Monday, May 2

Wednesday, June 1

Thursday, July 21

Monday, July 25

Wednesday, August 31

I have a KTM SMT and would love to ride the SMR and Mid-Ohio. I am on the disty list for your events and I would love to do them but I just can't swing the mid-week. Weather was the shit earlier this year for your weekend event.

Any chance of taking the KTM events to another track and running the event on the weekends?

I have a KTM SMT and would love to ride the SMR and Mid-Ohio. I am on the disty list for your events and I would love to do them but I just can't swing the mid-week. Weather was the shit earlier this year for your weekend event.

Any chance of taking the KTM events to another track and running the event on the weekends?

They only do them at Mid-Ohio.