Shameless plug for KTM Race Orange Events at Mid-Ohio...

Moto-Brian

Glad to see a few OR guys coming out to ride our bikes. We had another great event and due to being mid-week, the I and A groups were very small which turns out to be a great thing for those who came - TONS of open track!

We did have another 3 bikes go down. People need to take things easier and stay within their means. Two were rider errors that were a result of over their heads and the third was something we still don't know what happened and I think the guy that crashed has no real idea. He was a little loopy like he might have bumped his head...

Overall, awesome event again and hopefully was great for those that came out.

See ya all on the 31st!

Brian,

re the RC8Rs:

I liked them a lot and I happen to prefer twins anyway. The only nitpick was the throttle...it seemed to need quite a bit of turning to get to WOT. Is that stock? or is that setup to make it easier to modulate the throttle for people without a lot of seat time on the RC8R?

Edited by Tpoppa

Glad to see a few OR guys coming out to ride our bikes. We had another great event and due to being mid-week, the I and A groups were very small which turns out to be a great thing for those who came - TONS of open track!

We did have another 3 bikes go down. People need to take things easier and stay within their means. Two were rider errors that were a result of over their heads and the third was something we still don't know what happened and I think the guy that crashed has no real idea. He was a little loopy like he might have bumped his head...

See ya all on the 31st!

I'm trying to make the 31st :p

See ya all on the 31st!

Did any OR guys go down?

Did any OR guys go down?

I don't think so... Not sure. Only guy that I can really think of was a guy in Advanced with a Lithium Motorsports and a bunch of race patches that crashed at the top of the keyhole...

The other two guys were not recognized by myself, but doesn't mean they were not OR guys...

Brian,

re the RC8Rs:

I liked them a lot and I happen to prefer twins anyway. The only nitpick was the throttle...it seemed to need quite a bit of turning to get to WOT. Is that stock? or is that setup to make it easier to modulate the throttle for people without a lot of seat time on the RC8R?

The throttle is smoother as a result of complaints that they were too sensitive. I have a bit of seat time on the bike and it doesn't seem too much of an issue. However, that said, I have a shorter throw on my RS...;)

I was there in Novice..but got bumped up to Intermediate after the first session. I had a blast...and I'm thinking of doing it again. The RC8 had more balls than I expected...but it was a bit twitchy because of not being dialed in for my weight. I ended up bouncing around a little more than I would normally (my sternum is bruised)...but after 2 sessions I was comfortable enough to open it up a little. I was also smart enough to take myself off the track when I was fatigued. That bike is nimble...and it lulls you into throwing it into a corner as fast as you can when you should probably be taking it easier. Agaain..I had a blast and thanks to the KTM/Mid Ohio crew and my coach...Rob.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone going on Wednesday? I MAY grab a last min. spot if I can find one cheap.

If I do, are you gonna be there Brian with a fat kid sized back protector that'll fit under my already too tight A* suit? I'd like to run 'I' this time

i am going to be there already sighned up with my buddy jeff will be in intermediate

Anyone going on Wednesday? I MAY grab a last min. spot if I can find one cheap.

If I do, are you gonna be there Brian with a fat kid sized back protector that'll fit under my already too tight A* suit? I'd like to run 'I' this time

I can bring them! Yes, I will be there.

I got back from Mid-Ohio a few hours ago. This was a first class operation! I met Brian & thanked him for posting the event on this board, if he hadn't I would never know about it.

I was in the novice class, since it was my first track day. The first 2 sessions were a little boring. By the 3rd session the pace was much better! The 5th & 6th sessions they let you go as fast as you were comfortable with. I would do another KTM track day in a second & would recommend this event to anybody.

The RC8R is an awesome bike. I would love to own one!

I got back from Mid-Ohio a few hours ago. This was a first class operation! I met Brian & thanked him for posting the event on this board, if he hadn't I would never know about it.

I was in the novice class, since it was my first track day. The first 2 sessions were a little boring. By the 3rd session the pace was much better! The 5th & 6th sessions they let you go as fast as you were comfortable with. I would do another KTM track day in a second & would recommend this event to anybody.

The RC8R is an awesome bike. I would love to own one!

I was there in intermediate with a few others from ohio riders. Was a great day.

1 in novice (:wtf:) and 1 in Intermediate.... the guy riding 'I' locked it up braking off the backstretch, guess he went down pretty hard.

That sucks to hear, people need to really stop thinking the rear brake is going to do everything

That sucks to hear, people need to really stop thinking the rear brake is going to do everything

Why would u think he locked the rear brake up?

I locked the front up at the end of that backstraight once and did a nice little skid/stoppie on accident. It was an accident obviously but it was the front brake.

Why would u think he locked the rear brake up?

I locked the front up at the end of that backstraight once and did a nice little skid/stoppie on accident. It was an accident obviously but it was the front brake.

That would be better if they were relying on the fronts, but I have talked to Brian and others and a lot of people that come from other bikes such as cruisers get into the habit of using the rear. See it a lot in demo rides.

Either way hope the rider is okay.

That would be better if they were relying on the fronts, but I have talked to Brian and others and a lot of people that come from other bikes such as cruisers get into the habit of using the rear. See it a lot in demo rides.

Either way hope the rider is okay.

yea dats true.. well I was watching OCC the other night, and had no idea that they rarely put front brakes on those things :nono:

I can't imagine