New to track days or want to try it out? Check in here!

Moto-Brian

Why are you not wanting to do a track day?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Why are you not wanting to do a track day?

• I am afraid of being made fun of.
    • I am worried about crashing my bike.
    • I am afraid of getting hurt.
    • I am intimidated and not sure what to do.
    • I am a good enough rider now and don't need to ride the track to prove it.
    • I want to, but don't have a bike that is good for track use.
    • I don't have a way to get to the track.
    • I would, but do not know what to get ready on my bike or what gear I need. EDUCATE ME!
    • I got more than enough going on with the hookers I have around here.
    • Did someone say there is free Blow at these events?

What would the approximate total cost be for a track day (I would need to rent a suit)? I always wanted to do one of these. After dumping the bike two summers ago I got really into improving my riding. I learned a lot from reading, but would love some actual instruction.

For a Mid-Ohio event:

$195 for the course

$75 for the leather suit rental

***You will have to provide your own full face helmet, over the ankle boots, and gauntlet gloves.

What would the approximate total cost be for a track day (I would need to rent a suit)? I always wanted to do one of these. After dumping the bike two summers ago I got really into improving my riding. I learned a lot from reading, but would love some actual instruction.

depends solely on where you ride. a weekend date at a good track will run you over $200 just for the track time.

I've ridden Nelson for $80.

for season budget purposes, I estimate that all my trackdays average out to about $175/day (that's including the $10-$15 discount most orgs give if you book Saturday/Sunday).

Suit rental is $35-$50, plus I would be shocked if they don't want a card or large cash deposit to cover the cost if you crash.

Transport to the track depends on how far you're traveling, and what kind of gas mileage your tow vehicle gets...

pack poptarts, buy some $5 footlongs, and you're looking at about $30 in food and water (not that you wouldn't have eaten at home anyway).

all told, I would count on $250 for a single trackday, with food and gas included. It's still worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9FD7vf0Vt4?autoplay=1&rel=0&enablejsapi=1&playerapiid=ytplayer

I found this, should explain just about everything in one place.

Great video from STG!

Oh.. They left out.. "You can't be in novice unless you have Ohlins suspension and a GO Pro Camera" - Quote from the announcement guy at Jennings last year! LOL

• Upvote 1

... Oh.. They left out.. "You can't be in novice unless you have Ohlins suspension and a GO Pro Camera" - Quote from the announcement guy at Jennings last year! LOL

:lol: Since I got the Ohlins steering damper, do I qualify for novice!?

Edited by alienpi