New to track days or want to try it out? Check in here!

Moto-Brian

Why are you not wanting to do a track day?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Why are you not wanting to do a track day?

• I am afraid of being made fun of.
    • I am worried about crashing my bike.
    • I am afraid of getting hurt.
    • I am intimidated and not sure what to do.
    • I am a good enough rider now and don't need to ride the track to prove it.
    • I want to, but don't have a bike that is good for track use.
    • I don't have a way to get to the track.
    • I would, but do not know what to get ready on my bike or what gear I need. EDUCATE ME!
    • I got more than enough going on with the hookers I have around here.
    • Did someone say there is free Blow at these events?

oh ill be keeping this in mind then whenever I bring myself to it!

turtling ronnie, i swear to god, if i hear you blubber on about how slow you are on the street and all your oh shit moments, and yet refuse to do a track day that requires minimal prep and relatively small cost (for what is gained, anyway), i'm going to punch you in the taco next time i see you. just do it, i promise you'll be so glad you did.

minus the anti-freeze flush (which, i don't believe is required anyway, but HIGHLY recommended), the taping/mirror and plate removal will take 5 minutes. i dunno what size suit you wear, but i'm sure someone will lend you one, if only to see your turtle shaped ass get into it. that is ALL you have to do. you can catch a ride to the track with one of us. didn't you buy a trailer for your mowing equipment not too long ago?

• Upvote 1

Riding on tracks is soo much fun. I did my first trackday at gingerman race way 2 yrs and had a blast. I learned a ton, meet a bunch of people, it was a great time over all.

Hell ya I was deff nervous my first track day, I was worried about being slow and being in everyones way and jst over all afraid bc I didn't know what I was doing. But I had great instructors and I asked questions and at the end of the day I didn't want to leave and couldn't wait to get back on a track.

Doing a track day is a must for anyone who loves riding motorcycle.

turtling ronnie, i swear to god, if i hear you blubber on about how slow you are on the street and all your oh shit moments, and yet refuse to do a track day that requires minimal prep and relatively small cost (for what is gained, anyway), i'm going to punch you in the taco next time i see you. just do it, i promise you'll be so glad you did.

minus the anti-freeze flush (which, i don't believe is required anyway, but HIGHLY recommended), the taping/mirror and plate removal will take 5 minutes. i dunno what size suit you wear, but i'm sure someone will lend you one, if only to see your turtle shaped ass get into it. that is ALL you have to do. you can catch a ride to the track with one of us. didn't you buy a trailer for your mowing equipment not too long ago?

:lol:

Don't worry, this is in my plans so I can learn to ride better. As far as suit size goes I don't know but I'll figure that out when the time nears. Oh and yes I just picked up a trailer so thats not an issue. Please don't punch me in the taco, I'm deathly afraid of ninja skillz

by "punching you in the taco" i meant "fisting any nearby cavity".

it is a distinctly non-ninja skill... it's more like a ben spies technique, cause i'll go fucking elbowz deep if you be frontin'

wut wut

jk, but seriously, it is very painless to get on the track, and more than likely, lots of us will be there to help you.

As Craig (blue03636) stated, it's not about how slow you are. People learn at different rates and you if you're a quicker learner than those in your group you'll get move up to a faster novice group or ask to go up a group or two. And the opposite can happen, if things are moving too fast for you, ask to move down (which I have actually seen happen)...

When I started, I've been asked to move to a slower Novice Group, I've asked and been granted to move up to a quicker group, and I've chose to move myself down a group...

I'm still slow as a constipated midget, but I KNOW i'm a better rider than i was when I started. Sure, I pass rarely and get passed often in intermediate, but it's all about the fun factor.

i've always been interested simply to learn and become a better rider and one of these days ill grow some balls and actually do it. I picked these in the poll because of this

*I am worried about crashing my bike.

*I am afraid of getting hurt. I'm a big pansy and hate pain and surgery

*I am intimidated and not sure what to do. but I know I'll learn a lot quickly so its only a mild factor

*I would, but do not know what to get ready on my bike or what gear I need. EDUCATE ME! I know a little from reading here but definitely not enough

If you ride within in your limit (check your ego as others have said), I'd say the track is safer because you don't have deer, intersections, road debris, cell-phone soccer mom in the way. Also, you ride the same corners over and over again so it become very predictable which relieves a lot of the angst when I ride on the street.

Ive had everything I needed for a trackday newb since last year. Just didnt make it out to Gingerman for the OR day due to AF stuff.

I have no trailer and time right now, but should be free by March.

I just have never been completely confident on the street. Some guys can go out on the street and not give a shit about speed/road conditions/upcoming obstacles (oncoming cars)/cops/etc...i just cant ride street fully concentrated on riding....thats my goal to making it out to a track so I can mainly focus of riders and the course. Just need the time and a trailer buddy.

Can I trade the blow for an extra hooker instead? Ill settle for a midget. :D

For novice you just need blue painters tape for the bike. As for gear you should already have a helmet, you may have gauntlet gloves if not pony usually has some killer discounts for less than $50, boots just need to cover the ankle, I have seen work boots on track, suit you can rent or maybe borrow, rental is around $35.

i dont miss street riding so much....my next bike will be a track bike, although i havent decided if i want a track bike or a drag bike...eventually ill have both, but i think im done with the street....i miss riding, but i enjoy myself at the strip or offroad so much more than on the street

ide love to get into track day riding, but i just dont have the funds right now since im still in school...maybe some day

Ive been on the fence for a while about getting on the track, last year whenever I went riding I found myself limiting how I ride and was really bored with it, so I sold my street bike to focus on just doing track days and will have a track bike by March! Ive been to a few track days late last year and saw how much fun it could be, my only fear is I will limit myself because of fear of crashing.