Biker hit from behind on video

NinjaNick

This is upsetting. I especially love when I hear "I'm sorry" -- because there's nothing that'll fix any situation better than those words. :rolleyes:

wow....not paying attention. but at least she didnt run like so many other people do

If you were gonna run, it's probably best to do it after disabling the vehicle that could chase after you... she scores points for that.

^ maybe he turned the camera off for a reason lol

i woulda tried to handle it like he did, walking away to chill out and collect myself, but if that dumb bitch ran up on me like that and tried hugging me and shit like she did to him, she woulda got knocked out cold...im sure the last thing this guy wants is her dumbass running up and hugging him after she almost kills him and totals his bike

That looked like one of those situations were she was paying attention to the traffic flow in the lanes beside her instead of what was in front of her!

As for apologizing, I'd rather hear a person be sorry, than start trying to blame others!

I agree it should be legal but how would it have helped that situation?

because he would have split to the front and that woman would have smashed into the car in front of the bike instead of hitting the bike...he woulda been 50 ft away from the accident by the time that woman hit that car

because he would have split to the front and that woman would have smashed into the car in front of the bike instead of hitting the bike...he woulda been 50 ft away from the accident by the time that woman hit that car

Oh I just rewatched the vid, I thought there were cars on both sides.

i split to the front one day on broad street to get around about 6 semis because i was late for class....got pulled over for something else, and the cop never mentioned lane splitting at all lol....he was a rider too though, so he probably thinks it should be legal also

i split to the front one day on broad street to get around about 6 semis because i was late for class....got pulled over for something else, and the cop never mentioned lane splitting at all lol....he was a rider too though, so he probably thinks it should be legal also

I'm pretty sure it is legal in CA and a couple other states all of which have less motorcycle crashes then the states where it's illegal.

I don't need to spend money on any modulators. I've always pumped my lever as a car is pulling up to the stop behind me. I also have it in gear and checking my mirror until I see they're not moving anymore staying ready to jump out of the way. I never sit in neutral and always pump my lever to flash my brake lights.

I don't need to spend money on any modulators. I've always pumped my lever as a car is pulling up to the stop behind me. I also have it in gear and checking my mirror until I see they're not moving anymore staying ready to jump out of the way. I never sit in neutral and always pump my lever to flash my brake lights.

What if you're stopped on a hill? What if you forget?

Mine was like $15 IIRC. I used to pump my brakes too but this is so much easier to have.

I think your time is better spent remembering to by diligent about checking your mirrors and your presence within the lane (far left/far right vs. smooshed in between two crunched cagers) than worrying about getting a modulator that'll be ignored by some inattentive asshole anyway.

I think your time is better spent remembering to by diligent about checking your mirrors and your presence within the lane (far left/far right vs. smooshed in between two crunched cagers) than worrying about getting a modulator that'll be ignored by some inattentive asshole anyway.

Like I said, I have had my wife follow me and said I am more visible with the modulator. I've noticed other bikes better. Like IP said, they are distracting and that's what you want when you are stopped. You are right that you need to be diligent so that allows you more concentration on checking your mirrors instead of remembering to pump your brakes. But to each their own.

That's what I'm saying.

But then go further and ask, what's the 'so what'? How much extra reaction time does it buy you if a driver ignores regular taillights anyway?

There are also studies showing that light in the 2500-3000K range are more easily picked up by other drivers and allow riders to see farther, but you don't see people replacing their headlights with 3000K bulbs...no, they put 8500K+ bulbs to look cool. If safety really was a concern, they'd replace a lot more on the bike than a modulating taillight... But you can sell ice to an Eskimo if you prove to him it'll make him safer and less scared.