New Toy hauler!

TwiztedRabbit

you just bought an enclosed (i'm gussing $2k easy) and a suburban, but you don't want to spring the extra $550 to make your life a thousand times easier?

Pit-bull's stuff will last longer than your truck or trailer - I think they guarantee that, actually.

call TJ at RidersDiscount. He has the Pit-Bull stuff cheaper than anyone else I've seen.

you just bought an enclosed (i'm gussing $2k easy) and a suburban, but you don't want to spring the extra $550 to make your life a thousand times easier?

Pit-bull's stuff will last longer than your truck or trailer - I think they guarantee that, actually.

call TJ at RidersDiscount. He has the Pit-Bull stuff cheaper than anyone else I've seen.

1st. NO it wasn't 2K.. about 500 off.

2. After you buy a truck and trailer 550 is an ass load of money

3. Let him buy what he wants

4. He already has a good way to tie things down ;)

lol thanks andy... and yeah i actually got a great deal on that trailer.. it was 1500.. with the sale of my trailer it was really only 1000... and the truck.. well ya not cheap... and andy did get me the hook on some killer ratchet straps and chocks.. so.. ya

though i will eventually go the pit bull route.. few years from now..

im currently set!

a buddy of mine put a screen door on his 6x12, and it's just about the greatest thing I've ever seen for hot-weather trailer camping. the greatest thing since AC anyway :)

That's briliant!! I must look into that. Hate dealing with the tents and back of my explorer is fine in the cooler months, but the screen idea is great thinking!!

Anyone have pics of this kind of setup or general thoughts on how to do it?

Anyone have pics of this kind of setup or general thoughts on how to do it?

dealnews.com has had a removeable/go anywhere screen door a couple times but they are only big enough for a side door.

If they are talking about screening off the gate door then that I have no idea

http://dealnews.com/36-Portable-Sliding-Door-Screen-for-14-free-shipping-48-for-17/437960.html

• Upvote 1

1st. NO it wasn't 2K.. about 500 off.

2. After you buy a truck and trailer 550 is an ass load of money

3. Let him buy what he wants

4. He already has a good way to tie things down ;)

I said $2k because I didn't want to say a low number and make him feel like he got ripped off. $1500 is a great deal though. I was thinking $1800 would be about right, but that he could have paid as much as $2300.

I understand that $550 isn't chump change, but as a percentage of the truck and trailer, I think it's a worth-while upgrade.

Of course he can and should buy what he wants, but I was always super nervous transporting my bike with a traditional wheel-chock and ratchet-straps. Every time i hit a bump, the suspension would compress, the straps would go slack, and I would cringe as I waited to see if the hooks were going to come out of the soft-ties around the forks... Plus i've seen people arrive at the track, drop the ramp-door on their trailer, and immediately scream, "MOTHERFUCKER!" Usually the bike was rideable with a little tweak to the clipon, but the trailer wall didn't fair so well. And that's not even mentioning the unnecessary pressure ratchet-straps put on the bikes' fork seals.

All I'm saying is that it's a worth-while upgrade when funds allow. No chance of buyer's remorse whatsoever.

I said $2k because I didn't want to say a low number and make him feel like he got ripped off. $1500 is a great deal though. I was thinking $1800 would be about right, but that he could have paid as much as $2300.

I understand that $550 isn't chump change, but as a percentage of the truck and trailer, I think it's a worth-while upgrade.

Of course he can and should buy what he wants, but I was always super nervous transporting my bike with a traditional wheel-chock and ratchet-straps. Every time i hit a bump, the suspension would compress, the straps would go slack, and I would cringe as I waited to see if the hooks were going to come out of the soft-ties around the forks... Plus i've seen people arrive at the track, drop the ramp-door on their trailer, and immediately scream, "MOTHERFUCKER!" Usually the bike was rideable with a little tweak to the clipon, but the trailer wall didn't fair so well. And that's not even mentioning the unnecessary pressure ratchet-straps put on the bikes' fork seals.

All I'm saying is that it's a worth-while upgrade when funds allow. No chance of buyer's remorse whatsoever.

Yea, pit bulls are obviously the bugatti of the bike hauling industry, but what did people use for the last 50 years?? Not those obviously...

And clearly you weren't using IMMI Self Ratcheting Cargo Buckles so when there is "SLACK" it tightens automatically.. My dad and I have been using them for years. Its the shiz.. PLUS.. just the chalk will keep the bike upright without straps.

Here is my dad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG33cZ2dt-0

www.cargobuckle.com

Back to topic, I need an enclosed, but the 1 pc no longer fits, so that might put it on hold.

Got a guy looking to trade his RC1 in a 46 for my Trigger in a 44, his is new, mine was worn 6 sessions. I would toss in anothre 200 or so, but htats cheaper than what I m looking at spending. Going to IP tonight to see if they fit in 46, if so, I will be a happy camper.

Yep...Heat is a nice thing to have at night races for sure..so is the Twin tube 8ft flourecent fixture attached to the ceiling. Twizted, do yourself a favor and and grab yourself some conduit and some outlets and wire it for a generator or an inverter. You'd be surprised how nice a few wall outlets come in handy at the track....The conduit also makes for a good spot to hang your gear and clothes if you put it in the right places.

Edited by 97af

Nice Trailer. Is that floor carpeted or painted looks a little off color from bare wood? I myself am picking up a trailer in a couple of weeks and been searching for ideas to seal the floor. Seems like quite a few people out there have done a herculiner covering. Not quite sure what way I am going to go. Also trying to figure out how I am going to install tie down points. Going to get the pitbull trs for my bike but might still run some e-track down the sides and middle and pick up a couple removable chocks if I need to transport a couple other bikes. Also going to be using the trailer for a couple 4 wheelers or dirt bikes so need lots of versatility. Any experience or thoughts please feel free.

COME ON TRACK SEASON!! FUCK SNOW!!