New Toy hauler!

TwiztedRabbit

Well we decided to upgrade a bit.. i know this isn't as big as everyone would expect as a toy hauler should be.. but we are upgrading from a Chevy Blazer and a 5x8 Cargo trailer to this...

New to us 2003 Chevy Suburban and

New to us 2006 American Hauler Nighthawk 6x10 enclosed trailer

still need to install the chocks and whatnot but i literally just bought the trailer today so :) yay for us.. heading to jennings in style

picture.php?albumid=800&pictureid=13280

picture.php?albumid=800&pictureid=13281

picture.php?albumid=800&pictureid=13282

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

That's kinda why I'm. Not worried about trailer space other thank bikes tires and what nots th suburban holds tooooooons without even foling the second row down

Oj and for the burb its a 2003 5.3l flex feul v8 4x4 with electronic brake controller if I everget one that needs it and 130k hell right now fully loaded trailer and burb its ony 1/3rd the weight it can handle woo

That's kinda why I'm. Not worried about trailer space other thank bikes tires and what nots th suburban holds tooooooons without even foling the second row down

I think you're fine; just giving you a hard time. The fact is that you always fill whatever space you have.

I used to do trackdays out of the bed of my ranger. Now I fill my wife's SUV, and the 4x8 behind it... Having less space forces you to pack efficiently. Having more just means you can bring conveniences you might otherwise have left at home.

with just you and the lady, sleeping in a 6x10 will be no big deal. The guy I travel with was 6'4" and pushing 300 lbs for a while. I like Mike, but having the extra 2 feet between us was for the best!

buwahaha... i agree..

we will actually when camping prolly sleep in the back of the suburban..

but well cross that when we get there

how flat is the back of a suburban?

i ask because I slept in the back of our Tucson at BeaveRun, and the seats are on a 10 degree angle at most, and it was miserable. I kept sliding down.

I had packed a tent, but it was raining and dark by the time I arrived, so I sucked it up and slept in the car. Not an experience I'd like to repeat.

The other thing that occurs to me is the heat in the summer. We're up early at the track, but I think your white trailer with a roof vent is going to stay cooler than your black suburban with no vents. Of course you can roll down the windows, but then bugs get in. a buddy of mine put a screen door on his 6x12, and it's just about the greatest thing I've ever seen for hot-weather trailer camping. the greatest thing since AC anyway :)

the back seats fold perfect flat and down into resesses

i did think about getting a screen for the trailer.. they arent that expensive but we have our chocks bolted to the ground and doesnt leave much room.. i derno. trial and error.. we always pack the 10man tent so there is a back up

my dad has that removeable screen door on his trailer but he also has A/C, electric and running water set up in it. Its a big ass trailer though and pain in the ass to set up. His chocks are bolted to the ground and I think he picked up 2 semi comfy cots for like $50 bucks. They fold flat and are tall enough to hover over the chocks

I didn't think about wheel chocks. Another thing that's awesome about the pit-bull TRS. the floor is basically flat when you unload the bike. the 4 mount screws stick up less than half an inch...

this part comes off without tools

apitbull2.jpg

Edited by redkow97