New DL650 or Used C14?

Scruit

Really? Is the gas mileage that much different between the two? I'm getting around 40 MPG on the Vee. I thought that was awesome.

I get around 45mpg on my Vee and friends with Wee's report around 55-60mpg.

If there's one thing I ever thought was bad about the wee it was the fact they seem to come stock with no protection to the oil filter / front of the engine. At least the Vee has the "one time impact" plastic guard. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have only run a few tanks through my bike, but I believe I am getting about 57 mpg avg, and that isnt taking it easy.. I test drove a Vee this week, it was quite a bit different from what I thought it was going to be. It was fast as heck, but no where near as smooth, it didn't like anything below 4k rpm, didn't seem as nimble either. I am sure it lends itself to high rpm screams down the highways though... But overall, I am very happy I went with the 650.

Edited by mike884

I get around 45mpg on my Vee and friends with Wee's report around 55-60mpg.

If there's one thing I ever thought was bad about the wee it was the fact they seem to come stock with no protection to the oil filter / front of the engine. At least the Vee has the "one time impact" plastic guard. :rolleyes:

I got really great mileage on my Vee when it was new. Then, I hung bags on it, put a PCIII on it, then gearing change, then I started riding like a moron, now my mileage sucks!

:eek:

:facepalm:

:cruiser:

I got really great mileage on my Vee when it was new. Then, I hung bags on it, put a PCIII on it, then gearing change, then I started riding like a moron, now my mileage sucks!

:eek:

:facepalm:

:cruiser:

I've been pleased with the bike being stock, just under 30,000mi and running a tooth down on the front that the milage has maintained 40+ even with givi luggage side cases. I've always ridden like an idiot, so I have no idea what it would get with "responsible" ridding. ;)

I've been pleased with the bike being stock, just under 30,000mi and running a tooth down on the front that the milage has maintained 40+ even with givi luggage side cases. I've always ridden like an idiot, so I have no idea what it would get with "responsible" ridding. ;)

I can get 50 if I don't have weight on it and cruise with a moderate throttle hand. Once I did the PCIII, it it took a decent hit but it runs WAAAAY smoother in the middle rpm's where before it was too lean. I get around 40mpg average now.

Thanks, but I'm going to have to wait until next month. Just had some big medical expenses ($20k) and I need to see how my health insurance handles it. If they cover 100% as I hope then I'll be back on the bike hunt in 30 days. If not, then I'll be back to square one saving for the bike. :-(

Thanks, but I'm going to have to wait until next month. Just had some big medical expenses ($20k) and I need to see how my health insurance handles it. If they cover 100% as I hope then I'll be back on the bike hunt in 30 days. If not, then I'll be back to square one saving for the bike. :-(

Aw.. That sucks. Good luck with the insurance. Hope you will be able to get that bike this spring.

Craig

I'm hopeful about the insurance. My company provdes excellent insurance and the frist $10k in bills that have come this way so far have been paid 100%. Just have to wait to make sure ALL the bills that come in get paid 100% before I buy the bike.

Countdown to April 15th...