Sniper's Econo-bike build

fazer1sniper

Today wired most all of it up, with a barrowed battery fron one of the other bikes. The one i used for mock up ended up being dead, will grab a new one this weekend. Down side is rear tire fender had to come off to get the dead one out. That being done, I cleaned the carbs and installed them. Some gas line and a beer can of fuel I went to fire it up. 15 minutes later it RAN! Ran well too. Sounds cool for a 'lil 400. All the parts I messed with day should be all painted by the weekend and if I can pick up a few things, maybe a running bike by this time next week.

Nothing is done till I can start it up and roll down the road. After that I'm ssure i will be happy to get off this 27 HP beast and back on my 1000 with a fresh set of Perelli's. But I gotta say it's been a fun time building it so far.

SO CLOSE!

The battery I had for this bike/battery box took a crap. I used this "barrowed" battery to test all the wiring and start the motor. Rear wheel & fender cant be replaced untill the new battery is installed. I plan to get the replacement tomorrow and get this bike ready to ptut in gear and see what happens.

04-07-115.jpg

04-07-113.jpg

From tank forward I finished up with some detail work I wanted to knock out.

04-07-11.jpg

04-07-114.jpg

04-07-112.jpg

Not sure. better signals and headlight maybe. Spoked wheels. Alot depends on how I like riding it. Wont be a daily rider for sure, but may be a fun bar-hopper. I really made it "mine" with the military-sniper theme.

I rode the snot out of it today. Ended up up at the local bar where a half dozon bikes were parked. I got alot of "what the hell is that?"'s. Was fun. It scoots out pretty good for a 400. Tracks nice, breaking is decent, turns easy as speed. Good times. Just came home to park it before I got so lit that I end up dropping it.