Paving stone (help) - DIY parking spot

redkow97

We deliver it all..I'm not in the yard anymore, I install for our granite shop, but I can get you intouch with the right people downtown if you need anything .

Cool can you shoot me some contact info please? Always nice to have a few places to check prices with

Sorry, you are definitely correct on this. I was thinking of the pad my dad poured on his farm, he had to get another yard delivered over a full load, but that was likely a much larger pad and probably thicker than needed here.

I didn't know you could rent buggies capable of hauling concrete. Learn something new every day. The problem with foundations is something for me to think about when I need to replace my driveway in the next year or two.

Craig

Yep! Haul an entire yard in one (some hold more)...sunbelt and places like it have them...just operate a few levers and you're good to go

dig grass. tamp ground. place stone and level with sand. place pavers. fill in with sand. done.

Not even close! That will hardly hold up to walking on. You will need to dig down to sub-soil. Put #57 stone down . Then tamper down the crushed limestone stuff (forgot the. Name). Do this several times. Then put sand and pavers, then tamper stones.. then fill cracks with polymetric sand and tamper and wet down. We did a bunch of this for a walkway and in gazeebo.

Short answer. Use painted concrete and get it stamped if you want it to look good and last

make her park on the street. save paver money for beers. use rent money for track.

problem solved.

I kind of have to agree with this but at the same time I know parma and it really depends on where in parma he lives. Where my Dad lives in parma I used to not mind parking on the street overnight but other parts I wouldn't dare

I kind of have to agree with this but at the same time I know parma and it really depends on where in parma he lives. Where my Dad lives in parma I used to not mind parking on the street overnight but other parts I wouldn't dare

If it's that bad, would being in a driveway be enough better to justify all of this?

If it's that bad, would being in a driveway be enough better to justify all of this?

in my experience and in the area i know well, yes it made a ton of difference. When I was in high school 6 cars on the street were broken in to, mine was sitting in my dads drive way about 25ft off the street and it went untouched even though I had a bunch of valuable shit in plain view and audio equipment. It also helped that the driveway ran up the side of the house and my bedroom window was about 2ft from the car which I would think is a big deterrant since they broke glass

The way Parma is, there is a lot of this style setups where the driveway goes up the side of the house so that its basically parked next to the house.

Here is a picture of my dads driveway, my car woulda been about 5ft in front of where the GTO is

76407_1579156753234_1065113833_31339957_2657319_n.jpg

in my experience and in the area i know well, yes it made a ton of difference. When I was in high school 6 cars on the street were broken in to, mine was sitting in my dads drive way about 25ft off the street and it went untouched even though I had a bunch of valuable shit in plain view and audio equipment. It also helped that the driveway ran up the side of the house and my bedroom window was about 2ft from the car which I would think is a big deterrant since they broke glass

The way Parma is, there is a lot of this style setups where the driveway goes up the side of the house so that its basically parked next to the house.

Here is a picture of my dads driveway, my car woulda been about 5ft in front of where the GTO is

76407_1579156753234_1065113833_31339957_2657319_n.jpg

THAT situation makes a difference, sometimes. I had my car parked just outside the garage, a couple feet from the house, about 10 feet from the back door. It go broken into twice, where i used to live.

Not even close! That will hardly hold up to walking on. You will need to dig down to sub-soil. Put #57 stone down . Then tamper down the crushed limestone stuff (forgot the. Name= Screenings). Do this several times. Then put sand and pavers, then tamper stones.. then fill cracks with polymetric sand and tamper and wet down. We did a bunch of this for a walkway and in gazeebo.

Short answer. Use painted concrete and get it stamped if you want it to look good and last

Also if you have any salt runoff from whatever road you live on over time your bricks will deteriorate. I would use 304 0r #4 & #10 (410) as my base and an inch of screenings. Don't forget edging, possible permits, chop saw for any cutting, and a place to get rid of your excavated material.

It's been said- Go with concrete! I installed hardscapes for over 10 years and don't ever recommend pavers for parking or driveways. That is unless no expense is spared on install.