Open Carry deters armed robbery

chevysoldier

The criminals informed the police that they had changed their mind upon discovering armed customers and were waiting for Matt and J.P. to leave. Ironically, the police car was pulling in to the parking lot just as Matt and J.P. were driving away. In other words, had Matt and J.P. not been armed, the robbery probably would have occurred before the police intervened.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-atlanta/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw

The more I think about this (my first mistake, right?), it almost reads like a snopes deal. So I'm skeptical

1)What criminal would admit the fact to a cop that they were deterred by open carry?

2)Even if they did, why would I believe a thief?

3)The cop just happened to be 'vigilant' and on the scene because he suspected something - how often does that happen IRL?

I'm just saying, this story seem too pro-gun to be true, not to mention the fact that it's in Kennesaw, GA which is the town you read about in all other pro-gun stats as "the town that mandates gun ownership for every household"....

The more I think about this (my first mistake, right?), it almost reads like a snopes deal. So I'm skeptical

1)What criminal would admit the fact to a cop that they were deterred by open carry?

2)Even if they did, why would I believe a thief?

3)The cop just happened to be 'vigilant' and on the scene because he suspected something - how often does that happen IRL?

I'm just saying, this story seem too pro-gun to be true, not to mention the fact that it's in Kennesaw, GA which is the town you read about in all other pro-gun stats as "the town that mandates gun ownership for every household"....

Nice reality check, and I was thinking a little bit along those lines, but hadn't quite put it all together. #1&2, I agree with you. #3, happens more than you'd ever imagine!