Plug for the Harbor Freight motorcycle tables

YSR_Racer_99

picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=13403&thumb=1 ] I gave in a couple of months ago and bought one when I saw that they had raised the price of the basic table from $299 (I think) to $499. Found one of the $279 coupons, got in the truck, and headed to the store. I wish I would have purchased this mannnny years ago. I was torn between this cheapo one, and the top of the line, but only because their ATV/ mower wing set add-on is designed only for the most expensive table. I need to work on ATV's as well as two-wheelers. The top of the line table was $499, and the wing set was another $179. Plus, both needed to be special ordered. Screw that. My ATV solution is a $20 sheet of 3/4 plywood (or 23/32, or something like that) with four bolts aligned with the tie-down holes at each corner of the table. Works like a charm. Had a 125 Breeze on it for the trial run, worked on the brakes, the a Z400. Totally stable, no issues at all. I think I'm going to hinge the middle of the plywood lengthwise just to make it a little easier to store and handle.

Really, should've bought this a long time ago. Roll it out, lift it up, do the work, lower it, and roll it back against the wall. I've been working on a streetbike project over the last couple of months, and its been much easier. The higher end version would be nice as I could lift with the compressor, but for the price difference, the foot pump is just fine (62 pumps to full lift).

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

It comes with some type of wheel clamp, but I didn't even unpack it. I drilled some holes and use a popchock. I strap the front end down as needed, or use the rear stand. Or a front and rear stand. Whatever. Nice thing is not having to bend over to get to stuff. Have caught myself a few times, in the middle of messing with something or other (i.e. under the tank for wiring, or messing with the exhaust can) where I was bending over, instead of jacking the tabletop up a little higher. My back appreciates it. A lot. I think the specs say that it "only" raised to about 29", but that is plenty. Amazing how much warmer it is a couple of feet off of the floor. The only beef I have thus far is the front wheels. They swivel, which is good, but they're tiny. They get stuck in the expansion joints in the garage floor. Would like to put some larger ones on, but need to find larger steel wheels for the rear, to keep it even/ level.

http://tinyurl.com/298qmpa

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_2399.jpg

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

Hey man this weekend is the tent sale too FYI. Just got a text.

What kinda PSI does it take to raise? I have a smaller air comp. and tank, and this would be awesome, especially this wekeend, not to mention I have tons of 20% off coupons. I think my comp goes to about 125psi...

Thanks dude

I'm with y'all on this table. Great, especially for the price with the coupon. Walked out of the store with the table and a wheel chock for $326. Money well spent for sure.

I understand the one coupon is gone but there are still some out there that list the table at $200 off the $499 price. Imho its still a steal.