Best Motorcycle Insurance?

GSXR-7Fish

:p

I was trying to help. For real. Search insurance and there's a ton of personal experience threads. I use State Farm because they're cheapest for me and the dude that handles my insurance acts like he cares.

:p

I was trying to help. For real. Search insurance and there's a ton of personal experience threads. I use State Farm because they're cheapest for me and the dude that handles my insurance acts like he cares.

be warned though, i just switched from state farm to allstate cuz it is the same price for me and state farm does not cover passengers, medical or gear where as allstate is covering medical for me and a passenger and they cover up to $1000 of gear and up to $10000 of additional stuff like mods to the bike and anything you may be carrying such as a laptop or something.

Thats interesting to know, that's what I'm looking for, ohioan experience recently

be warned though, i just switched from state farm to allstate cuz it is the same price for me and state farm does not cover passengers, medical or gear where as allstate is covering medical for me and a passenger and they cover up to $1000 of gear and up to $10000 of additional stuff like mods to the bike and anything you may be carrying such as a laptop or something.

hey OsuMj who did you use?

+1 on state farm but my agent wouldnt take a credit card payment :wtf:

Matt Breakey. Beat all of the other prices by hundreds of dollars

Actually, that office was great about moving payment plans around and everything, I started off on a pay twice a year plan, my finances changed and i went to monthly, then I payed a lump sum, then went back to twice yearly and they were good about it :) ... and they took credit. That's very odd they didn't take credit for you.

Also, my policy included another rider for no additional cost too, and since I have two people riding my bikes, that was very beneficial to me.

Every motorcycle insurance company is going to be slighly different and each ploicy they sell can be different. Stay away from allstate. Make sure you get your coverage limits in high enough amounts. At least $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident for libility and underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage.

Rider insurance is regional, have a few buddies who use it, prices are reasonable, service seems alright. Same with Markel, they have vanishing deductibles, but you only need 6 months so it may not matter. I used PolicyDog.com to search and get in touch with a rep to quote me the best rate and package over a bunch of insurers, by far better value than any bigboys like Geico, progressive, so far I have not had to use it, so I can't comment on the claims process.

Rider insurance is regional, have a few buddies who use it, prices are reasonable, service seems alright. Same with Markel, they have vanishing deductibles, but you only need 6 months so it may not matter. I used PolicyDog.com to search and get in touch with a rep to quote me the best rate and package over a bunch of insurers, by far better value than any bigboys like Geico, progressive, so far I have not had to use it, so I can't comment on the claims process.

do you know if any of your buddies have gone through Rider's claims process? I've been interested in switching to them because I got quoted the same price for 2 bikes as I pay for one now so I'd love to save that money but haven't heard any first hand experience

What's wrong with allstate?

its who i use currently but i've been told their claims process is terrible. I've yet to deal with that so I dunno

I have heard that too but to be honest state farm has horrible claims people cuz I did use them back in October when an asshole hit me and that guy had state farm as well, so I figured it would be an easy no brainer as to who was at fault and it would be done in a week or so. Well they ended up fighting with themselves as to who was at fault and it was over 40 days after the crash they finally figured out I was not at fault. It got to the point where the car rental place was calling me and wanting me to pay them cuz state farm wasnt.

I had Progressive when my 650r was still alive, and they were pretty good to me the whole time. The claim I had to make when I totaled it went extremely easily; the guy came out and looked over everything and I had a check printed within about 30 minutes for the value of my bike, my helmet, and every aftermarket part I had (I keep receipts meticulously). One thing I liked about them was the ability to drop/add coverage at will. I would drop a bunch of coverage options when the bike went away for winter and saved about 60$/month until spring.

I'm looking at picking up another bike this spring and I'll probably go with Rider insurance; I'm looking at a Daytona 675 and they seem to classify it differently than many other sportbikes. I'll be paying a bit less for the Daytona with Rider than I was for my 650r with Progressive. After reading this thread though I may check with State Farm as well, though I doubt they'll be any cheaper than Rider.

Matt Breakey. Beat all of the other prices by hundreds of dollars

Actually, that office was great about moving payment plans around and everything, I started off on a pay twice a year plan, my finances changed and i went to monthly, then I payed a lump sum, then went back to twice yearly and they were good about it :) ... and they took credit. That's very odd they didn't take credit for you.

Also, my policy included another rider for no additional cost too, and since I have two people riding my bikes, that was very beneficial to me.

i don t remember who referred me to Matt Breakey but I can 100% confirm that they do at the very least act like they care and show it.....Nathan who works there (never met the dude) is always helpful... They were very very great to work with when I had to file a claim in December for my car....they didn't even try to fight the use of OEM (read:$$$$) parts from the dealer

how much do you pay per month for your bike, MJ?