new carry pistol

Hoblick

went today and picked me up a new pistol for carry purpose.

Diamond Back DB380

i had saw these a while ago and really liked the design, it had pretty good reviews as well.

looks a ton like a glock, and internal is very similar.. breaks down the same way as a glock as well..

i went in looking for a LCP, didnt know Vances were even carrying the DB380, saw it and had to have it.

picked up a pocket holster as well.

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

I fired the LCP and I did not like it at all. Those guns are just too darn small for my taste. Let us know how you like it, I just sold a buddy a bunch of magazines for his. But he hasn't given me a range report yet.

we have a LCP i hate it my wife loves it i quess the size of your hand makes the difference..i have a Bersa Thunder 380 i love it especially the double/single 1911 style action, but i dont have the carry model so the hammer guard digs in to my side

I fired the LCP and I did not like it at all. Those guns are just too darn small for my taste. Let us know how you like it, I just sold a buddy a bunch of magazines for his. But he hasn't given me a range report yet.

whats your price on the mags?

I just looked around, people on glock talk didnt seem to impressed with it after they put rounds down it.

yeah most of the reviews on them are when they first came out.

they had some issues... so did the keltec P3AT and the LCP when they first came out.

all issues seem to be resolved, and i read nothing but great remarks on there customer service.

ill see how well the thing really functions when i take it to the range.

i will give it atleast 100 rounds through it to break it in before i give my true opinion.

crossing my fingers its dead reliable though... feels real comfortable in the hand, super light, and i love that its striker fired..

aside from that its so similar to the glock in respects for take down, and im used to that, so thats nice

Sounds good, make sure you give us a good long range report. I had the same issue with my ISSC some people had a bunch of issues, mine has been flawless!

that new ISSC SCAR 22lr is pimp as hell..

i had to fondle it a bit while i was at vances

me and my buddy both went out to break in our pistols a bit

he was shooting a LCP and I my DB380

in 50 rounds fired, he had a total of 3 FTEs

and i had 4 FTF

my failure to feed problem looks to be a piece that has a sharp edge which comes in contact with the round before it gets chambered. holding the round back.. it was leaving some marks on every round, but every so often was enough to catch it from making its way to the chamber... when i got home i sanded that sharp edge down, seems that it will take less time to break in if i get that sharp edge dulled some before the next box of ammo.

His FTE im not sure what its due to, i mean i know its the extractor, but why its doing it, i dont know..

we will head out again here soon and put 100 rounds through them and see what happens

my DB380 shoots very nice and its decently accurate for a micro.

the recoil was not anywhere near what i thought it was gonna be for a small gun. very controllable, and the trigger is very smooth for a DOA

I saw a video on youtube about sanding that piece down Ryan, there was a couple other things he said to do.

watched it lol

figured id take it out first to see what kind of malfunctions if any it had..

still isnt broken in though... needs another 50 - 100 rounds through it before i can really make any assumptions..