Stopped by the dealer today

junkyardjeff

While I was out running around looking at storage sheds today I stopped by the dealer since I had to use the restroom and next door where sheds were for sale and look at the new Harleys and found a used Roadglide I like so if it does not rain tomorrow after work I will take my Superglide up and see just how much they will give me in trade,the salesman said they will give me a good money for it but I am curious just how much good money it will be. About 6 months after I bought it I took it to the dealer I bought it from to get the rear fender replaced and the 09s just came out so they wanted to give me about 5 thousand less then I payed for it in trade on a new Roadglide,I am not expecting much from them but will find out and will probably need to find other stuff to sell to come up with more money before I can even think about buying another bike..

Pops just traded in his 07 street glide for a 2011 street glide. Think he got decent money outta the 07 at Finks in Zanesville. Ill take the new one out this summer sometime and give a report, the 07 about put me to sleep. He also has a 74 Flh with a S&S motor and bunch of other goodies. That thing shakes and rocks and rolls so much you cant feel your toes when you get off of it haha.

Don't Harleys appreciate? Looks like it on Craigslist.;)

someone beat me to that joke! damnit. :D

What's the appeal of the new model in this case? If you're going to take a hit on trade-in, I think there should at least be a compelling reason why. If it's, "this one looks waaaay cooler," then so be it.

biggest difference with the street glides that i know of is they went with a bigger motor (i think) and added a 6speed. I also believe they are lower and so smaller changes. I was really interested in one this past fall but i had just bought a house and didnt want to buy a new harley too, so i bought a 08 gsxr 750 off my boss.

I would love to upgrade to a touring but my bike is paid for and dont want another payment,should of bought one when I got the FXD but was not thinking. Looked up the trade in value on mine and its around 7100 and the one I was looking at they want 17,900 so if they only want to give me blue book value I need to come up with another 10 grand so no way right now and will keep mine.