Aww... Look how cute.

Strictly Street

article-1368541-0B468B8D00000578-480_468x304.jpg

Hello Kitty and pink paintwork: How gun manufacturers are targeting female market with girly 'purse pistols'

By Sadie Whitelocks

Last updated at 11:27 AM on 22nd March 2011

Gun manufacturers have been responding to a soaring interest from women with female-friendly 'purse pistols' in an array of trend-led colours and designs.

Despite the concerns of anti-gun campaigners, there has been an 83 per cent rise in the number of women buying firearms for personal defence, and handbag-sized models are fast becoming a sought-after accessory across the U.S.

Most weapon brands now offer a 'female-friendly' range that wouldn't look out of place in a toy shop, with many offering to customise pistols with pink paintwork and Swarovski crystals.

Nice reload style! I trained in that "in the face" style a few years ago and it did make me a bit faster. Flashy stuff in the sporting side of thing is expected I guess. And as far as personally owned "hello kitty" guns is fine, Hell my daughter has a red framed Browning Buckmark 22. I'm too old school I guess... I remember what Patton said:

"Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol."

I think of my firearms as tools. I pick the best one to do the job I need it to do,

i could swear that there are regulations to keep toy guns from looking too real, but like BiggO said, there probably ought to be some kind of regulation that prevents a real firearm from looking too much like a toy.

The original post is too over-the-top to be a real pistol ...isn't it?

my little cousins (5 and 7) shoot a Ruger bearcat. It's definitely not pink (or blue, or any other abnormal color...)

^^^ is this your idea of free advertising too? Would you like to copy and paste a press release for me to move later too?

Lol

You got me; mods are on to me now. This is going to be a hard rule to work around but I'll try.

Other than the photographer’s name there is no advertising associated with the manufacturer, I could tell people who it is if they inquire, right? The photographer just happens to work for the manufacturer is that okay to say. The company makes concealment holsters in Ohio. I won’t say who they are, let’s just say a Raven told me. I just know a lot of people will want pink holsters so I am providing a valuable service. Damn all these washed clean internet postings we need a thread on the topic so things will be clearer because discussing things on the internet always gets to a logical solution with no one’s feeling hurt. Please don’t move the thread; I don’t want to get banned like everyone else does who is responsible for a thread being moved. By the way, I think that’s a shitty policy for you guys to have.

Nice reload style! I trained in that "in the face" style a few years ago and it did make me a bit faster. Flashy stuff in the sporting side of thing is expected I guess. And as far as personally owned "hello kitty" guns is fine, Hell my daughter has a red framed Browning Buckmark 22. I'm too old school I guess... I remember what Patton said:

"Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol."

I think of my firearms as tools. I pick the best one to do the job I need it to do,

I have mixed feelings about the in your line of sight reload, I know it's faster but if necessary too many other things should be happening. Good sporting technique, impractical tactical technique.