wanting to buy a 1911 for concealed

BeastieSSSC

If you want a "symbol of America" get a US flag lapel pin.

Then get a lightweight controllable all weather concealable carry gun.

That said I'm prolly picking up/ordering an XDM9SC today from 8mmDale.

Also bigger isn't always better unless you are NitroNick :D or work in prOn. Good luck with the hunt.

thanks for the feedback. The hunt continues for a springfield or kimber stainless, I havent heard too any things about those newer colt 1911s.

For me, I didn't want anything polymer. I'd very much like to pick up a glock 19 to carry as well, but as far as .45 cal goes, there's no choice in my mind than a 1911

thanks for the feedback. The hunt continues for a springfield or kimber stainless, I havent heard too any things about those newer colt 1911s.

For me, I didn't want anything polymer. I'd very much like to pick up a glock 19 to carry as well, but as far as .45 cal goes, there's no choice in my mind than a 1911

Keep your wrists and elbows tight and enjoy that uniquely sweet recoil.

update!! bought a Kimber Eclipse Target II at vance's the other night! I need to get a nice belt holster now

Congrats! Always been a fan of the eclipse style finishing that several companies have these days, my friend has a sig equinox and the contrast between the dark spots and milled steel just look awesome. Let us know how it shoots for you! also PICS or it didn't happen!:D

Nope I bought it on Wednesday. My salesman told me he sold 70k worth of firearms in February alone, I need to get myself a job there

Frame and slide carry a brushed polished (flats) stainless steel finish with the matte black accents on the top of the slide and serrations. She shines in the light like no other

Edited by BeastieSSSC

• 3 weeks later...
My advice is don't. Of course that is based on my first and only handgun that happens to be a 1911. After almost 1000rds of "break-in", lots of tinkering and frustration, I finally completed a 90rd course of fire this evening without a malfunction. That's the first successful range trip since the first 50rds. I feel like I got a lemon but a search of the internet shows it to be a common story these days, with manufacturers across the board apparently pushing the limits of their tolerance capability and parts quality.

I wouldn't count on something like this for defense. Get some tactical tupperware that will go bang every time you pull the trigger. In my opinion (again, based on my rather limited experience), 1911s are for people who like to tinker.

Para Ordnance. :nono:

Key words are highlighted above...

Canada is good hockey and maple syrup.

100mediaimag0108.jpg

100mediaimag0102.jpg

100mediaimag0107.jpg

100mediaimag0103.jpg

the Adjustable Target Night Sights are a pretty neat feature. Im thinking about putting a bone grib on there as well, or a good wilson combat

Congrats on the new purchase.

If you're going to carry that thing, I might suggest switching out the adjustable rear sight for a John Harrison fixed rear sight. This will help with with the possible snagging issue.

Make sure you find out any issues within the first year, as Kimbers are only 1 year warranty.

And get some decent mags; Wilson Combat or Chip McCormick.

I've never carried a 1911 but I wouldn't choose a sidearm based on what is "American". You need to carry something you are comfortable with and you can shoot well. There are a wide range of firearms that people carry on here. XD, Glock, M&P, LCP, Bodyguard etc etc. Most were chosen due to reliability, how they fit the hand, how well they shoot with it, ease of carrying (could be concealability) etc etc.

So you've never carried a 1911, and you're only relating things you've read in the interweb? :wtf:

the 1911 has one of the best grip angle. Oh, BTW, the S&W M&P pistol was model after the 1911 for these elements: grip angle, beavertail, and thumb safety option.

A 1911 can be carry easily with a quality gun belt and holster.

Let must say that I conceal my 1911 way better than my old Glock 26. YMMV.

update!! bought a Kimber Eclipse Target II at vance's the other night! I need to get a nice belt holster now

How are you feeling about it as a carry option now that you've had it? Just curious.

Hey knee drgr last time I checked the m&p does not have a grip safety. Did you mean the xd?

Edit by the way you have some nice 1911's.

The M&P doesn't have a grip safety, however, there are model variations with ambi thumb safety option. I have an M&P9 that doesn't have a thumb safety option. But if you go onto their website, you can see which models of the M&P does have them. The grip safety on the XD is similar to the 1911, but the thumb safety is the key safety that 1911 users are used to, because it's a safety that one have to manually turn on/off, therefore, S&W put that option there so the 1911 users are familiar when using their M&P. But if you don't like it, you can always take off the thumb safety on the M&P. Wish I had gotten that model.

Here's my M&P9:

SW_MP9_1.jpg

Thanks. I really like how simple the 1911's are. Heck, it's a proven design that has been around for 100 years, and has been thru numerous wars. Let just say that JMB was a GENIUS!!!

Edited by knedrgr