Ride today?

rslocum

I was going to buy some Gerbings' date=' but I opted for a less-optimal, more fiscally responsible route. I'll have to save for the 'lectric stuff... if I can justify the cost. I'd rather be uncomfortable than spend that kind of money.[/quote']

I will agree, the Gerbings stuff is pricey and I was skeptical for a while. I went for years without heated stuff until I moved to Ohio. CA winters are, at the worst, 35 degrees in the morning and usually 65-70 by lunchtime.

I can tolerate the cold and have ridden to 0 degrees with heated gloves only, but knowing that I ride in these conditions continuously for at least 50 miles a day on the highway (often times longer) it was well worth the investment to go to the jacket liner and Xtreme Element overpants. At the moment because of our shortage of vehicles, driving a car is NOT an option so this works out extremely well and I get to feed my FJR more miles! :)

I was disappointed today. Of 24 students in the MSF Instructor class held at the Hilltop today, only three of us rode. How can you expect to be a proficient instructor if you are unwilling or unable to ride in a wide variety of weather and road conditions? Man-up!

I was going to buy some Gerbings' date=' but I opted for a less-optimal, more fiscally responsible route. I'll have to save for the 'lectric stuff... if I can justify the cost. I'd rather be uncomfortable than spend that kind of money.[/quote']

I have less than $175 for my heated liner and heated grips, been working perfectly and keeping me toasty for going on 3 years. If Gerbings does anything better than my Synergy jacket, I don't see how - it'll fucking roast me on high.

• 2 weeks later...