Sunday 4/10 Ride South of Canton

Hailwood

UPDATE: Looks like this one isn't going to work out. Consider it cancelled - We'll try it again some other time.

For those of you in the Cleveland/Akron/Canton area that aren't planning on heading down for the Dyno Day, the forecast for tomorrow is looking pretty darn good, and I'd like to try and get a ride together to take advantage. I'm thinking about a ride South of Canton to OH-164 - Nothing too long or challenging, but a nice ~3 hour ride to clear the winter cobwebs.

Here's my plan for the route:

Good Maps Link

This hits quite a few of the nice roads in this area, and I'm especially partial to OH-164 for shorter rides like this.

Meet up at the DQ in Bolivar and plan on heading out @ 10:00 AM. The ride should take about 3 hours and will put us back at Bolivar.

I'm going to be taking pretty easy since this is my first 'real' ride of the year and I haven't had a chance to check out the road conditions. Figure a max of ~70 in the straights and slower than usual through the corners since I haven't check out the gravel situation.

Also, on rides like this I like to keep everyone together as much as possible. I try to avoid passing cars on double yellows most of the time, and I don't mind waiting a bit to make sure everyone can make it by safely. If that's not your thing that's fine, just be aware this may not be the ride for you.

Edited by Hailwood

Yeah, I would normally be down too since I'm right down the rode in Strasburg but after todays ride to Columbus, my old age and the trouble I'm about to go look for tonight, I don't think I'll make it. Definitely next time!

Next time maybe

And is the below sarcasm?

"Figure a max of ~70 in the straights"

or is it 170.

I can't tell if your trying to say you haul balls or trying to say your not going to be flying and passing people all day.

Edited by Gump

op, if you want to join another short ride, hutch arranged a ride leaving out of newark, and I think were hitting coshocton or se.ohio, not sure what the route is, but were not meeting til 1:30. Hope you have a good ride regardless

Next time maybe

And is the below sarcasm?

"Figure a max of ~70 in the straights"

or is it 170.

I can't tell if your trying to say you haul balls or trying to say your not going to be flying and passing people all day.

Definitely the second one. I typically try to keep the speeds 70~80ish, especially in the straights. I don't really care about top speeds, just having fun in the corners.

Well that was a heck of a nice ride. Great weather, and some nice roads.

The first 2 sections of 164 were not that great - the road condition is deteriorating, and there were some areas that had some dirt and gravel. The re-paved 3rd section is awesome thought - the pavement is perfect and gravel-free.

Hopefully we can get a group together to do this one again soon.

Now time to get the FZ out for some lovin' while this weather holds.

Well, Atwood is still clean as well as Rt.44, which I take on my way there. Too bad about 164 but that just means that we need to head further south for the good stuff. I watched a neighbor's Hayabusa fall apart today while he was hauling ass and he even lost his helmet visor. First his brake light assembly disappeared and then some plastic flew off his bike later on down the road. He went home...

I ran out 39 to 164 to 30 to 172 to Guilford Lake, there's a Bar there all the Cruisers hang out at, and back 172 to 410 to 30 then 9 back to Carrollton. The stretch of 30's nice.

damn. didnt see this thread. anyways... glad to get the road reports though. ive been to that bar at guilford lake. its actually i cool joint. usually packed with hd's though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk