riding footwear for sportbikes

Jamez

i just talked to a friend and he said he had some thor 50/50 boots that if i fit them, i could have them cheap.

they say motocross but would this be acceptable?

They're fine for what you're after, great boots for general riding with good protection. Take him up on it.

I use the Fox Comp5 version of those, and they're very comfy and versatile on and off the bike.

i just talked to a friend and he said he had some thor 50/50 boots that if i fit them, i could have them cheap.

Those will prolly be the next pair I get.

I have these and love em, just rode about 6 hours in them today and have not had one complaint.

• 1 year later...

I have a pair of sidi boots, I guess they are probably racing boots, but I like the protection they provide. I had them about 2 months when they probably saved me from a broken ankle. I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I don't want to confuse anyone with my question so ill elaborate a little.

I know racing boots offer the best protection and do plan to buy a nice pair when I have a few hundred bucks to drop.

I also know that for the MSF course they require bare minimum and as long as you have above ankle anything then they'll take you.

I was wondering as to how relevant racing boots are to regular riding around town and if there was a cheaper option until I can afford the good stuff. I'm not trying to be a squid with flip-flops but at the same time I'm looking for decent protection somewhere between racing boots and tennis shoes that will allow me to take the MSF and be somewhat safe putting around town until I get racers.

Does a in between option exist or am I asking a noob question and being a cheap ass?

Thanks a lot for the advice in advance.

I've worn combat boots or North Face hiking boots since I started riding. I also wear a helmet and jacket always. But I think any mid to high boot that covers the ankles and isn't bulky will do fine.