well being a dumbass caught up with me today.

cOoTeR

Left work got on the gas a little too hard saw the second car traveling towards me was a deputy. Got a ticket for 78 in a 55 :(. I think he thought I was going to run because shortly after pulling me over a second cruiser came flying up.

. I couldnt have a 1000 on the street without going 100.. Whats the point.

And there's the dilemma:) Before this ticket I'd hit 100 almost everytime I was out, at some Point or another. Now I'm Paranoid cause I'm

Sure I won't avoid a suspension the second time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And there's the dilemma:) Before this ticket I'd hit 100 almost everytime I was out, at some Point or another. Now I'm Paranoid cause I'm

Sure I won't avoid a suspension the second time.

I have the same problem. At some point while out riding, I just need to feel the power and speed. I try to choose the place wisely though and I have chosen to keep my stock exhaust so hopefully I dont draw too much attention.

Its a serious dilemma! :confused:

Left work got on the gas a little too hard saw the second car traveling towards me was a deputy. Got a ticket for 78 in a 55 :(. I think he thought I was going to run because shortly after pulling me over a second cruiser came flying up.

Dunno what a second cruiser would do in a chase. If your bike is fast enough to outrun a cruiser then sending a second cruiser isn't going to make you any slower or make the police any faster. Even if the second cruiser is sitting there ready to floor is the second you punch the gas, you're going to be in the next zip code before he can blink.

If you are all geared up then they may be concerned about that being a tactical advantage in a fight? :confused:

I guess it's just the officer's judgement that bikers can be trouble and require extra caution. Additional cruisers are easy to come by on a slow night. I called in an auto-theft in progress one time and 6 cruisers arrived within 30 seconds. They were all returning to the station in convoy from another call and were passing just one block over when they got the radio call. Nothing else to do, let's ALL go catch the car thief. They got him. Poor kid was 13 years old and must've damn near bathroomed in him pants when he saw all 6 cruisers arrive together like they were in a hollywood bank heist scene. :D

Lucky you didn't get reckless op. 20+ over would not be too tough to argue as "reckless" in front of a judge.

well, thats what you get for stopping ;)

Yes, stopping gets him a Misdemeanor instead of a felony. Or a wreck. Or a wreck, with a felony stapled to it.

Or a wreck, followed by a damn good nightsticking, followed by 3 months in hospital getting your legs and arms duct-taped back on, followed by a week or two in jail with a VERY lonely and VERY friendly guy called "Big Meat", followed by a roller-coaster ride through the court system where the judge winds up being the officer's 2nd cousin and is gonna make you pay for the blister the officer got on his finger during the nightsticking, then 6 months in prison wearing nothing but kool-aid dyed boxers and missing your front teeth. Then when you get out your wife has divorced you and married the officer. And the officer is now riding your bike.

I'll take the misdemeanor. :D

Honestly that's one of the biggest reasons I don't own a streetbike.. I only have a trackbike.. If I do get a streetbike, it's going to be slow like an sv650.. I couldnt have a 1000 on the street without going 100.. Whats the point.

I would hardly call an SV650 "slow," but I agree with your sentiment.

If i were to get another street bike, it would probably be a first-gen SV650, and then I'd gear it down -1/+3 or something so it wheelies/accelerates in virtually any gear, and tops out a little over 100mph.

Or a wreck, with a felony stapled to it.

I know we're all joking around, but to be deadly serious, running puts you at risk of getting a murder charge.

If you're committing a felony (fleeing) and someone else dies in a traffic accident as a result of your felony fleeing, that's considered "felony murder."

Yikes that sucks:(

Stopped yesterday for 64 in a 50, the officer noticed my two kids in the car and the dazed look in my eye started laughing like he's been there before and let me off!!!!

I think my kids saved me from a ticket...then again I wouldn't of been there if I didn't have to drive the kids!

last time I got nailed was 79 in a 60. "is there a reason you're going so fast today?"

"not a good one officer... we're late for a wedding, but I realize that's not an excuse."

I figured between my suit and the wedding present in the back seat, he had to believe me, and might actually cut me some slack because I was apologetic and didn't try to bullshit him.

no dice. Thankfully it was only $107. In Brecksville. I was shocked.

"Yes, stopping gets him a Misdemeanor instead of a felony. Or a wreck. Or a wreck, with a felony stapled to it.

Or a wreck, followed by a damn good nightsticking, followed by 3 months in hospital getting your legs and arms duct-taped back on, followed by a week or two in jail with a VERY lonely and VERY friendly guy called "Big Meat", followed by a roller-coaster ride through the court system where the judge winds up being the officer's 2nd cousin and is gonna make you pay for the blister the officer got on his finger during the nightsticking, then 6 months in prison wearing nothing but kool-aid dyed boxers and missing your front teeth. Then when you get out your wife has divorced you and married the officer. And the officer is now riding your bike.

I'll take the misdemeanor. :D"

That could be one of the best posts I've seen on here since LBTS GLWS FTMFW!!!!!one!!

Yes, stopping gets him a Misdemeanor instead of a felony. Or a wreck. Or a wreck, with a felony stapled to it.

I'll take the misdemeanor. :D

sounds like your attorney is terrible. id find a new one. this time dont get one from an ad on the back of the yellow pages.