My first gun

vw151

Didn't take too long to get a lot of responses on here. I appreciate all the opinions. Can I get some more specifics on what exactly people own and why, maybe even expected prices of said guns used and new.

Didn't take too long to get a lot of responses on here. I appreciate all the opinions. Can I get some more specifics on what exactly people own and why, maybe even expected prices of said guns used and new.

Do you want me to come shoot it for you too?

I carry an M&P .40. Open and concealed. It fits my hand great and I like everything about it. Bought it because hopefully I need it for a specific police department I am trying to get onto and I like having more rounds in the magazine. It also doubles as home defense along with my shotgun. I have a M&P .45 compact I carried before I got the .40. Bought it off a friend not knowing much about that line but really like it now. I also have a Taurus PT22 I'll carry every once in a while if I need deep concealment or little weight. My wife carries a Bersa Lusber 844 .32. I got it from a friend for doing the fuel pump in his truck.

There are way too many variables per gun per person. Basically you want something that fits your hand, fits your clothing style to conceal, comfortable to carry, and what ever kind of round you want. 9mm is cheap. .45 is more expensive but bigger. Do you have kids and want more safeties? XD fits that bill. Do you want something that has been in service a while and has a great following? Get a Glock. There are a million different reasons and excuses. No one here can tell you much more than we already have or that isn't already in one of the 3 dozen "What gun should I get" threads already.

Do you want me to come shoot it for you too?

lulz

I like mt S&W Sigma 9mm ...1.its reliable (even though it is a glock copy) ....2. hi capacity 17 with one in the pipe.... 3. its a $280 gun so if its gets damaged, lost, stolen, confiscated, ect you not out a lot of cash...4. its a ligth fairly slim carry gun with many holsters available...5. it will shoot +p+

so i carry it 90% of the time and leave my pricey toys at home in the safe

And I was just saying the other day about how we need another "What's your opinion on guns" thread :eek:

I wish I had a better opinion, but I can only opine on what the best oil, tires, motorcycles, and women are...

Forgot to add the opinion on how to solve math equations..

Ok glocks new go for around $500. The m&p is pretty close to that also around$ 500. The springfield xd line starts around $400 for the xd and goes up for the xdm to around$ 530. Revolver start around 350 and go up from there. Used minus 50-100 off new depend on if it lbts or not. Pocket guns like the lcp tcp keltec under 300 new.

Edited by speedytriple

As you can see you've gotten a lot of feedback.

Just go with what your comfortable with.

No matter the caliber, it's all in placement. If you don't believe it, just watch Crime360 on netflix. You'd be surprised at what a small 25 caliber can do when the shot is placed right. You'll get to see what happens when it enters the body and starts bouncing around.

Myself, on me, I have the Glock 36 which is a 45 single stack. It's double sprung and prob the gun I'm most accurate with. Hell, I'd trust my shot with a playground in the background with kids on it if I had to.

Probably going with a 380 soon just for the size and getting warmer which means less clothing.

Edited by nukcrash69

My first gun was a Rossi 461, which is a .357 snub-nose revolver. It did alright but I was using 125gr .357 ammo constantly as opposed to the .38 rounds that are easier on the gun, while at the range. The cylinder fell out eventually yet it was an easy fix, but I traded it in for a Ruger GP-100, a better-made pistol with a great track record. My caliber of choice is 9mm since it's easy on the wallet and will take care of any situation you might find yourself in. Get as much training as you can.

i paid for it - my legal guardian (mom) purchased it....nothing busted about anything.

my dad is dead.

(checked with a sheriff before doing the transaction - no different than a parent buying their kid a gun for hunting - i just cant leave the house with it without an adult transporting it - which i have not)

Edited by Steve Butters

i paid for it - my legal guardian (mom) purchased it....nothing busted about anything.

my dad is dead.

(checked with a sheriff before doing the transaction - no different than a parent buying their kid a gun for hunting - i just cant leave the house with it without an adult transporting it - which i have not)

Sorry about your pop; mine's gone, too.

IF the gun was purchased from a dealer, mom made a straw purchase and is in violation of federal law. FFL's can't sell handguns to anyone under 21.

If the gun was purchased from an individual, you could have made the purchase. 18+ is the federal law for sales between individuals.