614Paintworx C-

Hoblick

I agree he likely won't find work from folks that read this thread, but customer experience is top priority for anyone in a B2C world.

actually - i meant that he might just refuse doing business with OR members with the way this thread is going...i was under the impression he does a lot of commercial work and just did this work for all of us on the side....i dont know how he operates though...just know from personal experience that he is a good dude and has done great work for me in the past

im not taking anybodys side because if i was in hoblicks spot i would be just as pissed off - but i see why paul is angry too because hoblick said in his post that he didnt say anything to him in person but then he comes here and posts up bad stuff

perhaps if he had mentioned all of his issues with paul when he picked up the rest of his parts, maybe paul would have apologized and tried to make stuff right....but picking the stuff up and not saying anything, then coming home and posting a negative review kinda seems like a cowardly move and i see why paul reacted the way he did to it

overall sounds like a bad situation, no matter whose side you were on

however, this thread would not prevent me from doing business with paul

What exactly would you've done if you mentioned it face-to-face? Would that've changed anything?

An experience is an experience... I'd rather hear about how someone was treated from an honest perspective rather than trying to figure out if they were swayed prior to posting, or kept from posting their experience because they were offered some "settlement".

face to face would have given paul the opportunity to make it right, instead of thinking things were fine and then coming home to see a bashing thread

im not saying hoblick shouldnt have posted his experience, but i think he should have sacked up and mentioned his dissatisfaction with paul to his face when he picked up the parts

Make what right? Assuming Hoblick's story is true, even if Paul offered the job for free, I'd still like to know all that Hoblick put up with to make it free.

Even if Hoblick's story ended with, "After all that, he just gave me the parts" -- that still doesn't negate everything that happened before, which I would've liked to know. Rather than keeping this story to himself or just giving a "Finally got back my parts, there were some issues, but they ended up being taken care of" -- that kind of review helps no one objectively evaluate a potential supplier.

It's not like Hoblick was being a dick about it. Again, assuming everything is true, as long as it's true, then it is what it is. If someone constantly changes schedules, misses delivery or communication dates, then they may be a great person, but they still lacked in areas where they promised to deliver.

Edited by JRMMiii

Make what right? Assuming Hoblick's story is true, even if Paul offered the job for free, I'd still like to know all that Hoblick put up with to make it free.

Even if Hoblick's story ended with, "After all that, he just gave me the parts" -- that still doesn't negate everything that happened before, which I would've liked to know. Rather than keeping this story to himself or just giving a "Finally got back my parts, there were some issues, but they ended up being taken care of" -- that kind of review helps no one objectively evaluate a potential supplier.

to each their own.

on top of all of that.. he had lost a important part to the latches on my bags.

didnt wet sand and buff some parts

and there are some runs in some of the paint

there are some parts that in some areas just didnt get enough black paint in certain areas..

Besides and on top of losing a customer's part. How did he NOT notice some sub par work to some parts?

Sounds like a lose/lose situation for the customer.

I just think its hard to do business with people who are too afraid to give you feedback on your work before posting up that it was poorly done.

If we pour a concrete patio for somebody and they cut me a check at the end and say "thanks, it looks good"....then i get home and see a post of them bashing my company - i would get irritated. (from a business stand point - i would never tell somebody to "get fucked"...but i would be irritated)

if they said "hey, this looks like shit and i dont feel its worth what you charged me" then we would redo it if there was a valid reason to (waves, cracks, whatever)......not giving a business a chance to make things right before posting up a shitty review is just kind of a low blow

yes, paul couldnt go back in time and redo everything - but if ryan woulda expressed his concerns, maybe paul would have realized that maybe he messed up

"Hey Ryan, I'm sorry that i kept messing up your schedule and took a little longer than i expected to get you your parts. It's been real busy and I got overbooked."

that along with not charging him for the work (like you mentioned) would have been more than enough to make it right in my book....no company is perfect all the time, but if a customer isnt happy with the work then they need to say something instead of jumping straight to bashing

"Hey Ryan, I'm sorry that i kept messing up your schedule and took a little longer than i expected to get you your parts. It's been real busy and I got overbooked."

that was said to me, many, many a time.. but it still kept happening

maybe i should have expressed my unhappiness with him.

i assume he already knew by the few times i did get to talk to him, or the text i sent him about "hey i had my day planned to get these parts, and now i cant pick them up"

nothing im saying in this thread is a lie.. i could post screen shots off my phone of the text conversations... you can see the time stamps of when he said "im busy, call you in a few minutes" and then the next text is me texting him asking him when i can pick stuff up, and then me again 4 hours later asking.. then another 6 hours later, then a day later and so on and so forth.

i understand he is busy, i understood he hurt himself, and that delayed things a bit, then the power went out in his shop saturday.. i get it..

my main point on this thread was not to tear him apart.. but to let everyone know what they may expect.

and yes i have spoke with other people who have used him and have to deal with the same thing as this.. maybe not to this extent, one that brought it to this point, but yes they have issues.

i still say he is a incredible painter (when he focuses)

obivsouly that shows, he paints for a race team, does these grand jobs, he is good, no doubt about it.

but his communication skills, business conduct and ethics are less than desirable/ (atleast to me)

im sure people will still go to him, and i hope they have a great experience with him, and everything comes out as they hope.

obviously i will not be using his services anymore, and i get the feeling he doesnt want my business... from the "get fucked dude" and "loose my number" texts

and even through all this stuff, i will say again he obviously can be a great painter when he wants to, and his prices are insanely good.

i think he is a good guy, and he over works himself

I just think its hard to do business with people who are too afraid to give you feedback on your work before posting up that it was poorly done.

but if a customer isnt happy with the work then they need to say something instead of jumping straight to bashing

Im assuming he got the parts and didnt have a chance to look at them. He was probably just happy to finally have them back and wanted to get them on the bike. Pouring concrete is a little different as the flaws would be more obvious. I know personally at that point Ryan was at I would just want my shit back and for the mess to be over with.

It was an honest review of his experience. Both good and bad reviews are the purpose of the "Shop Reviews" and I am glad he posted it because I want to hear the good and bad of a business before I give them mine.

Im assuming he got the parts and didnt have a chance to look at them. He was probably just happy to finally have them back and wanted to get them on the bike. Pouring concrete is a little different as the flaws would be more obvious. I know personally at that point Ryan was at I would just want my shit back and for the mess to be over with.

It was an honest review of his experience. Both good and bad reviews are the purpose of the "Shop Reviews" and I am glad he posted it because I want to hear the good and bad of a business before I give them mine.

infact i did see the stuff when i picked it up, and even told him no big deal, aside from the time i picked it up at 3 am, it was to dark out

but yes ... like you said i was just happy to get the parts back at that point, so i figured id wet sand and buff myself instead of telling him to redo something or finish it again and it take another 2 weeks or something to try and get it back

Edited by Hoblick

that was said to me, many, many a time.. but it still kept happening

maybe i should have expressed my unhappiness with him.

i assume he already knew by the few times i did get to talk to him, or the text i sent him about "hey i had my day planned to get these parts, and now i cant pick them up"

nothing im saying in this thread is a lie.. i could post screen shots off my phone of the text conversations... you can see the time stamps of when he said "im busy, call you in a few minutes" and then the next text is me texting him asking him when i can pick stuff up, and then me again 4 hours later asking.. then another 6 hours later, then a day later and so on and so forth.

i understand he is busy, i understood he hurt himself, and that delayed things a bit, then the power went out in his shop saturday.. i get it..

my main point on this thread was not to tear him apart.. but to let everyone know what they may expect.

and yes i have spoke with other people who have used him and have to deal with the same thing as this.. maybe not to this extent, one that brought it to this point, but yes they have issues.

i still say he is a incredible painter (when he focuses)

obivsouly that shows, he paints for a race team, does these grand jobs, he is good, no doubt about it.

but his communication skills, business conduct and ethics are less than desirable/ (atleast to me)

im sure people will still go to him, and i hope they have a great experience with him, and everything comes out as they hope.

obviously i will not be using his services anymore, and i get the feeling he doesnt want my business... from the "get fucked dude" and "loose my number" texts

and even through all this stuff, i will say again he obviously can be a great painter when he wants to, and his prices are insanely good.

i think he is a good guy, and he over works himself

i completely understand your point and i know how you feel - ive been in the EXACT situation before (with a different painter)

wasnt trying to cut you down - i was just saying that i think both parties could have handled it a little bit better

and nothing bugs me more than someone saying they will call me and then never getting a call....i hate that shit

Keep in mind what a review is for, it's for POTENTIAL customers. SO much now people take down negative reviews (not talking about here, in general), or accept gifts/money back in exchange for removing their reviews.

Everytime someone does this it fucks everyone else up. Jussayin

Paul has got ahold of me and he apoligized for the issues..

he takes responsibility for the situation and i respect that ALOT

i think he will take away from this a learning experience and improve upon it.

and he found my missing part, and illl be getting that back from him soon

I'm bringing bodywork to Paul this Friday. He has a long list of exceptionally satisfied customers that take precedence over this review. I'm not saying Ryan isn't justified in being upset' date=' because he very well may be, but my opinion of Paul's work is not swayed.[/quote']

very good.. seriously

i hope alot of people have good experience with him..

he is a good guy and a good painter.. he is just ruff around the edges

but i think alot of painters are the same way

perhaps if he had mentioned all of his issues with paul when he picked up the rest of his parts, maybe paul would have apologized and tried to make stuff right....but picking the stuff up and not saying anything, then coming home and posting a negative review kinda seems like a cowardly move and i see why paul reacted the way he did to it

How would Paul be able to go back & correct all the missed deadlines, runaround, & lack of communication though... Even if Ry had confronted him when picking up the parts. It was already done at that time... Can't go back & undo that kind of stuff

I've heard a lot of people on here rave about Paul... But I do seem to remember other comments about him being too busy, & taking a long time with some jobs. May just depend on how busy/booked he is when you take your particular job into him

Good customer service is a lost art, & a pet peeve of mine