614Paintworx C-

Hoblick

ok im not trying to throw paul under the bus by doing this.

just putting my last experience with him up here so anyone else who may be thinking of getting work done from him has something to think about.

this is the 2nd bike he has painted for me

and he also has done bikes for 3 of my friends.. so i have had good experiences with him as well..

but..

i had given him the parts from the roadstar to be done..

i had a paint scheme picked out, but then changed my mind quickly before he had even started.. and went all black.. thats just a background i want the whole story my bad points as well..

he did all the tins, some needed some massaging, and the bags which needed the extensions put on, and the front fairing, forks, and tripple tree.

i dropped it off mid 2nd week of march

told him i needed it back first week of april at the latest.

and it was a battle just to drop my parts off to him

he would set up times for me to drop the parts off, and either switch the time, then switch the day, or just totally blow me off.

along with either not returning calls, text, or returning a text with, im busy ill call you in a minute, and never call...

this happened several times.. and each time i planned my day around dropping the parts off to him just to be dissapointed and waste my day.

finally... finally.. i took a day off work in order to drop my parts off i was determined that day i would get them to him.. which he ended up pushing back from a 2 o clock drop off to a midnight drop off..

now he told him at this point he wuold have the parts done by by the 1st of april.. SWEET!

so i basicallly just tried to leave him alone till then.

now comes the really fun part.

nearing the deadline, i decided to text him, he says things are going good, right on schedule, and i should be able to pick up the following weekend.

so the weekend nears i try to text, and call him.. i get no text back, and no call backs.. i must have text and called 100 times.. (i know overboard, but its annoying to get no communication back)

so finally i get ahold of him, yup pick up at whatever time on saturday..

saturday comes i call to confirm.. and i get "im finishing some things up ill call you in a bit... i waited and waited and waited and waited..

i get no call no text nothing.. so i play the waiting game AGAIN.. and try to contacting him again.. but with just replies like before, im busy ill call you in a bit, or he would set a time up and then bail out on it..

this continued for a week or so..

he did injury himself and had to get another painter in there to help out.. so understand things got pushed bakc a bit

he then set up a time for friday night for me to pick parts up.. then bailed.. then said the next morning.. which i set my day up to work around that.. and then bailed.. pushing it back a few hours, then a few more, then just never called.. finally he says sunday.. 2 pm..

i had plans to go ride at 2, but i said ok ill pick them up (knowing he would bail) and what do you know.. he did .. pushed it back to 6.. glad i didnt ruin a good day of riding waiting in him.

but then he said he dropped the parts off at 6... and well he did.. well he dropped them off at a little after 7. but not with all the parts.. not even enough to try to start putting it back together.

said he would return with some more parts after he went to eat.. i said no dont worry about it, ill jsut come get them so you dont have to drive back up to hilliard.. waited for a call from him.. and nope no call..

4 days later finally he jsut left them outside his house so i could pick them up after work.. but again not all the parts (which i knew he still had to do some work on my bags, and front fender)

said the rest would be done on thursday and could pick up at noon..

haha yeah right..

then set it up for me to come after work on friday to his shop

which i did.. drove straight from work to his shop.. even text him on my way..

i get there and he says... they arent painted.. ill have them done for you at 9am tomorrow.. (today)

i call at 11 knowing they wouldnt be done.. and sure enough they arent

his power went out at his shop

so he goes to a friends shop to finish them up.. i finally get to pick them up at 7 pm

on top of all of that.. he had lost a important part to the latches on my bags.

didnt wet sand and buff some parts

and there are some runs in some of the paint

there are some parts that in some areas just didnt get enough black paint in certain areas..

i will say though that his price is amazing.. and the work he did before was outstanding...

paul is a good guy i know, his communication skills and business skills need sharpened up... alot

will i go back to him.. i dont know.. you cant beat his price, but the hassle it is to just get parts to him is insane.

my one piece of advice to him is..

if you need more time thats fine.. i would have not had a problem if he couldnt get it done till end of april... but done tell me it will be done at this time, or another time, or whatever,... and keep giving me a day and time, and bail out..

and for fucks sake return calls and text.. communicate with your customers..

i know your busy, im busy too, but i have the 3 seconds it takes to return a text.

dont over book yourself either man, your gonna work yourself to death.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm...good job being ballsy enough to post this knowing he has people on here that worship him. I appreciate that. Your story would've made me blow my top at him when I saw him next and I was you. That whole story was f'd up and not a decent way to do customers at all. In my opinion if he doesn't want slandered, he OWES you something a customer would want. I myself only can forgive a business and go back only if they go out of their way to show me they TRULY are sorry and won't let it happen again.

That would DEFINATELY be a deal-breaker for me. Telling me straight you're not done is one thing, lying to me is another. I wonder if drugs are involved here...

Paint fumes = drugs? :lol:

I hope Paul uses this as a realization that he has some areas that could use improvement, and not as Hoblick bad-mouthing him, as I'm sure that Hoblick wouldn't be that way.

im not trying to slander him.. and honestly this probably wont hurt his business..

this wasnt to get back at him at all or anything spitefull.

if you talk to other people that have gotten stuff done from him, youll see they have gone through the same thing, maybe not on this level, but they have.

i dont know what his deal is, maybe over booking himself, maybe trying to make everyone happy (setting up unreal expectations)

i dont know..

but i dont conduct business that way..

and as for blowing my lid on him.. never once i think my face showed alot of disappointment when i would see him, but i was never a dick to him.

Paint fumes = drugs? :lol:

I hope Paul uses this as a realization that he has some areas that could use improvement, and not as Hoblick bad-mouthing him, as I'm sure that Hoblick wouldn't be that way.

yeah im totally not trying to bad mouth him.. although it may seem i am.. i really hope he takes something away from this good... and not hate me for being honest.

price is insanely low.. i said that.. and will continue to say that..

your work is good..

when you dont rush yourself.

price was set to me before all the not returning calls, not returning text, blowing me off, loosing a part from the latches, and not finishing with wet sand and buff.

Id like to add this..

i received a text from paul 10 minutes ago with the following message..

"get fucked dude"

damn, after this thread paul isnt going to wanna do work for anybody on here anymore.....he did good work for me, and was very easy to work with....guy has a bad time with one customer and he gets crucified....ouch

i understand where his txt came from, ide be irritated too if i did work for someone and they picked it up and didnt say anything bad and then go home and post publically a bad experience without even mentioning it to me face to face when picking the stuff up

Edited by Steve Butters

I agree he likely won't find work from folks that read this thread, but customer experience is top priority for anyone in a B2C world.

All Paul had to do was come on here, tell his side and cut the ties with Hob and it likely wouldn't be this bad. But if everything is true, the "get fucked" was the nail in coffin.

Alternatively, maybe Paul doesn't give a shit and doesn't need the business anymore.

What exactly would you've done if you mentioned it face-to-face? Would that've changed anything?

An experience is an experience... I'd rather hear about how someone was treated from an honest perspective rather than trying to figure out if they were swayed prior to posting, or kept from posting their experience because they were offered some "settlement".