Ready to Drag Your Knee at Mid-Ohio?

MidOhio-PTR

That was me! I was out taking photos of you guys since I still wanted to be there even though I didn't have a bike ready. I'll start uploading photos to my SmugMug tonight when I get back to CBus. Here's the link: http://m5racing.smugmug.com/

I have a few of the photos in Canon RAW format; if you're interested please let me know!

David

Alright great. If you have any photos of a black\white GSXR with yellow number plates, that's me. I'll check them out later and let you know.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tip on the discount! r1crusher and I are headed down for the June 6th day. Can't wait to get back on there! Ran MidOH back in 2007 with STT (Novice) in and out of thunderstorms. Hopefully we'll have better weather this year.

That's awesome. Looks like I'm going to be there that day also with someone I used to work with and a couple of his buddies.

Thanks for the tip on the discount! r1crusher and I are headed down for the June 6th day. Can't wait to get back on there! Ran MidOH back in 2007 with STT (Novice) in and out of thunderstorms. Hopefully we'll have better weather this year.

You guys only have a 2-rail don't you? *sadface*

Thx Jeff. :cheers: You're good people. I might take you up on that.

I think most of it is really me taking the time to take parts OFF of it for the track. I'm just lazy. I want to take the signals off, mirrors off, the headlights out, the tail lights out and just put tape over the holes where those parts go, then tape of the harness connectors where they plug. That way if something happens, I don't have to replace the lighting.

I'd like to safety wire it eventually just for safety shits and giggles, but I'm too unmotivated to buy the equipment and take the time to do that too.

Dude... just tape the lights. If it hits the pavement you're going to total it' date=' anyway. :dunno:[/quote']

Maybe, but it'd still be nice to have some decent used parts to sell if that's the case, instead of posting ads for cracked headlight bezels, or rashed signals.

• 2 weeks later...

i love midohio, and hit up as many days as I can, but my shop needs me during the week or all hell breaks loose as soon as I leave for more than 5 minutes. please have more weekend dates, pretty please, with cherries on top. I do really enjoy the max time twilight days on saturdays, though. so thank you for that!

just got your press release regarding rain and that is a giant step in the right direction! very good deal and a great incentive to go to mid ohio!

if i didn't have class today or tomorrow i'd have come out to play. keep up the good work!

just checked the schedule for the month - is there usable electric for the max twilight may 19th? i know we pit in false grid and even though i've spent countless years up there with scca i can't remember if there were plugs or not to use...

E-mail I got also:

The forecast looks exceptional for tomorrow (Tuesday, May 10) with a high in the mid 70s. Walk-up enrollments will be accepted and we hope to see you there!

While we're enjoying the great weather and riding during the Performance Track Riding event at Mid-Ohio today, we thought it would be a good time to review what happens to frequent riders when it rains. The Mid-Ohio School has a Frequent Rider Program.

Those who ride four days can reschedule one day because of rain (or anything else), up to 72 hours after the event with no penalties or fees.

Those who ride seven days have it even better: reschedule two days without being charged a dime.

Simply enroll (or purchase gift certificates for even more flexibility) at the necessary levels by May 15th and be protected from Mother Nature, last minute tickets to the big game, a late night, extra yard work, or anything else that keeps you from the track.

just checked the schedule for the month - is there usable electric for the max twilight may 19th? i know we pit in false grid and even though i've spent countless years up there with scca i can't remember if there were plugs or not to use...

There are plugs on the garage side of the armco, I think they work.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my Mid Oh dates are as follows June 27 28 and July 11 12. I figure after the June dates I will also be looking for a few Max times, since I work off Polaris and taking off 2 hours early gets me to the track with tons of time to get on right when they start.

Anyone in Cbus that is planning on doing these dates, I not have my enclosed set up for 2 bikes, and a big ol truck to haul everything. For 2 day events though, I will be staying at my parents 15 minutes a way, for the night. For Max time, coming back to Cbus.

Madcat, not clear on what you are saying. Are you looking for a ride or you have space for a second bike? I have a truck but no trailer. I would be interested in doing the two days in June. I can stay with friends a few minutes from the track. Of course if you are hauling I will take care of the gas.

Looks like my Mid Oh dates are as follows June 27 28 and July 11 12. I figure after the June dates I will also be looking for a few Max times, since I work off Polaris and taking off 2 hours early gets me to the track with tons of time to get on right when they start.

Anyone in Cbus that is planning on doing these dates, I not have my enclosed set up for 2 bikes, and a big ol truck to haul everything. For 2 day events though, I will be staying at my parents 15 minutes a way, for the night. For Max time, coming back to Cbus.

I'm in for one of the two days at the end of June as well

I have truck + trailer + parents place to stay locally. I am out for the early June date, but am running Grattan with some guys on the 4th, then Mid O at the end of June. Dub/My/X, if everyone is just down for 1 day, I am willing to do that too, but would really love to do both if possible.

Mykill, I wont be running Twilight until after I kick to Int for 2-3 solid days, just a note, I worded the other post wrong.

Edit; I can haul up to 3 bikes in my trailer if needed, or 1 in bed, 2 in trailer, for the late June dates. However I don't want to pull a Tyler and drop one so need to know in advice to setup loading the bed, as the truck is lifted 6.5in.

Edited by madcat6183
Added info