New rider from lake county

Civil Rider

I've been lurking on the site for a little bit and decided it was time to say hey. I took the motorcycle safety course last summer and it was a great experience. The ninja 650r is my first bike and i love it to death lol. On a side note I was out riding in kirtland/mayfield and was following a rider on what i think was a suzuki sv650 that was yellow and silver that had a ohio riders sticker on the side. I was the red ninja that couldn't keep up in the twists and turns up and over the hills of river road lol. My name is Tony and i look forward to doing some group rides and meeting my fellow ohio riders. Maybe even the spring lunch cvnp ride that keeps getting postponed haha.

Thanks guys. I think it was Lost1888. Only he could say for sure, but after checking out his motorcycle pics in his profile I would say that was him. I couldn't really keep up, but it was fun to watch how fast he was able to go through some of the twisties. Definitely Ninja 650 FTW!

Yes it was me. You should have followed me down Eagle rd. There was more fun down there. I also stopped in olde Willoughby thinking I might run back into you. As usual it was all cruisers and Harley's.

Welcome to the site and see you around,

Mike

Yes it was me. You should have followed me down Eagle rd. There was more fun down there. I also stopped in olde Willoughby thinking I might run back into you. As usual it was all cruisers and Harley's.

Welcome to the site and see you around,

Mike

I was near downtown Willoughby for a little bit because the guy I was riding with lives a couple blocks over off of Euclid Ave. I don't think I have ever seen more than one sport bike at a time parked in downtown Willoughby. That would be awesome to have 10-15 sport bikes meet for lunch there someday and park across the street from all the Harley guys haha. I ride a lot up and down 174, 322, and 6 making stops at the Holden Arboretum. As soon as the weather gets better I look forward to finding some new roads to adventure on. I also need to get myself some ohio riders stickers.

I stop up there occasionally and know just about everyone who stops up there regularly. Most of them guys are good people, believe it or not. Normally my coffee stop is at Starbucks in Chagrin.

If you ever want a tour of the few roads we have worth riding let me know. I've been in this area my whole life and know just about road worth knowing. At least they keep me entertained during the week.

Once a month I do a long ride down south or east into PA. Typically it's a 8+ hour ride, has turned into rides over 12 hours. Not exactly for the faint of heart. Speaking of which my first one should be coming up here in May. I would guess I'm going to go to S.E. Ohio or maybe Coshcoton. Idk yet because they weather hasn't given me much optimism for a 500 mile, dry, day ride.

I was near downtown Willoughby for a little bit because the guy I was riding with lives a couple blocks over off of Euclid Ave. I don't think I have ever seen more than one sport bike at a time parked in downtown Willoughby. That would be awesome to have 10-15 sport bikes meet for lunch there someday and park across the street from all the Harley guys haha. I ride a lot up and down 174, 322, and 6 making stops at the Holden Arboretum. As soon as the weather gets better I look forward to finding some new roads to adventure on. I also need to get myself some ohio riders stickers.

Welcome
Welcome and Happy Easter.
:welcome:
welcome to the site. Seems like a lot of the northern rides get messed up all the time.
Welcome!

Thanks and Happy Easter to all of you.

I will definitely take you up on that tour sometime Mike. I hope the weather gets nicer soon so i can stop taking the cage for the last 3 weeks of school and take the ninja instead. Not only is it more fun, but parking is soooo much easier. As far as an 8+ hour ride that sounds like alot of fun so i may have to go with sometime.

You should have followed me down Eagle rd

Correction ... Eagle road is the boring one. I was remembering Dodd road and thinking it was Eagle. It's off of eagle.

Edited by BMMW

Welcome to OR!
:welcomeor:
welcome to the site.

Thanks!

Correction ... Eagle road is the boring one. I was remembering Dodd road and thinking it was Eagle. It's off of eagle.

I have a friend that lives on Dodd and from driving there many times the only thing I can say about that road is that it is kinda narrow and cars will cross the double yellow. Then again there isn't very much traffic on that road so I might have to ride on it sometime.

If Saturday stays nice like it is supposed to be I think I'm going to go get the NEO TAG that hasn't been updated for a little bit.