CRG Bar End Mirrors

Gump

Hindsight LS Bar End Mirror HSLS-200

They are on there way with the adapters.. I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone with these things.

1. I can't see anything but my shoulders without really leaning.

2. The vibrations from the bars are pretty bad after an hour of riding.

i have one. its good stuff. it does not vibrate or move at all. you arent going to see a whole lot with these mirrors either, but they are not going to show your shoulder.

the only reason i have it on there is so i dont get a ticket lol

Hindsight LS Bar End Mirror HSLS-200

They are on there way with the adapters.. I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone with these things.

1. I can't see anything but my shoulders without really leaning.

2. The vibrations from the bars are pretty bad after an hour of riding.

As far as vibrations go:

Older Yamahas have an internal vibration dampener/bar weight. I've seen sets going for $10 on eBay. It should help with the vibrations and still let your run bar-end mirrors.

It's just a weighted tube with some o-rings on it. But it works great.

I couldn't be happier with my CRG's. One of the best things I did to my bike. Over time you get accustomed to the mirrors and never think about looking down or how small things are behind you. Vibrations have never been an issue even with my twin.

This is where I bought mine 3 years ago.

http://www.solomotoparts.com/home.php?cat=455&sort=title&sort_direction=0&&sort=&sort_direction=0

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_6990.jpg

The two tabs you see at the end with the thread hole are worthless to try and pull together and pull. The last pic shows the little tit that is only on one side of the thing even though there are two holes in the bar end. I used a socket big enough that it almost went over the bar end but still cleared one tab. Then put the bolt thru a washer, thru the socket then threaded it into the bar end and began screwing it in. It came out about 1/4" and stopped. The tab side with no tit came out with the bar end weight but the other side stayed in. The the bar end weight started spinning in the bar so I stuck visegrips on the socket and pounded on the visegrips until the hole thing popped out.

IMG_95261.jpg

IMG_9730.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_9078.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_9570.jpg

I think they look a little goofy but it will beat seeing my shoulders.

I had to take the bar off to get the throttle tube off. There are two little tabs on the bar end weights. It must of been a fluke on the left side to only have one. I used a dremel to grind out the little tits in the bar holes and then bent those little tabs in so the whole thing would pull out a bit then vise gripped the socket and pounded the crap out of it. INstall is easy.

Edited by Gump

• 4 weeks later...

Review after riding quite a bit. I love them. You have to get used to looking down to check behind you but your forward point of view is less obstructed and the wide angle takes a while to get use to but basically I should have done it a long time ago. It didn't change the vibrations in the handle though.