I'm a little CORN-fused

2talltim

:confused:I had my new tires mounted today, and when i was bolting the wheels back on the bike i noticed the front tire is made in Spain and the rear tire was made in Thailand..they are Michelin Pilot Road 1's that i bought at I.P.together.... I quess is not a big deal or anything just wondered if this was common:confused:

you went from powers to road 1's?

:confused:

yes..because i wore out the powers in less than a year (in the center) because of the road/hiway miles i put on it..i was going to go with road 2ct's but i got such a good deal on the road 1's( $200 ish for the pair)i could not pass it up... i dont hit the twisties hard engough to get even close to the potential the powers have

yes..because i wore out the powers in less than a year (in the center) because of the road/hiway miles i put on it..i was going to go with road 2ct's but i got such a good deal on the road 1's( $200 ish for the pair)i could not pass it up... i dont hit the twisties hard engough to get even close to the potential the powers have

I was in there the other day and was debating on picking up a rear for $100. I figure it would be worth it if I take a long trip.

I was in there the other day and was debating on picking up a rear for $100. I figure it would be worth it if I take a long trip.

yup same here...its almost another c-note for the road 2's..i do alot of long road trips, and the group i ride with 80% of the time are almost all cruisers..so i think it will work well for me

i guess i knew they had multiple plants ..just you would think that if you buy a pair of tires they would be made fairly close to each other

You can go buy car tires and they will be made in different plants an even a year or two apart. Just depends on how the shipment goes.

i guess i knew they had multiple plants ..just you would think that if you buy a pair of tires they would be made fairly close to each other

LOL ya because they usually ship in pairs and never seperate them.. The front usually gets a little nervous when he gets seperated from his big brother rear tire :p

LOL ya because they usually ship in pairs and never seperate them.. The front usually gets a little nervous when he gets seperated from his big brother rear tire :p

Well yea, you wouldn't want the little guy to get lonely...lol

i dont hit the twisties hard engough to get even close to the potential the powers have

Nobody will on the street...before you can you crash. The street isn't good asphalt to reach their potential. I use to use Pirellis, PP's, etc...then tried longer lasting roadsmarts and they rail just as hard on the street edge to edge. If I didn't care about tires lasting I'd go back to Powers, but I do because I'm heavy fisted on the throttle. Just saying. ;)

Nobody will on the street...before you can you crash. The street isn't good asphalt to reach their potential. I use to use Pirellis, PP's, etc...then tried longer lasting roadsmarts and they rail just as hard on the street edge to edge. If I didn't care about tires lasting I'd go back to Powers, but I do because I'm heavy fisted on the throttle. Just saying. ;)

I'm heavy fisted too and the torque of the v-twin eats them even faster...i also tried the roadsmart and i wasnt impressed at all ..i really wanted the road 2ct but i just coulnd bring myselt to spend another $100 after only getting 6 mohts worth of riding out of the powers...i took a spin on the road 1's today i hit a couple nice curves and once again i ran out of talent before i ran out of tire, so i think they will work nicely for me as long as i get 5K+ miles out of them

I'm with Nick on the Roadsmarts.....they're holding up well against the power these big brutes are puttin through 'em - and highway miles are primarily why I bought the 2ct's.....well, that AND twistin to the pin often doesnt last on softer tires either;)

yup same here...its almost another c-note for the road 2's..i do alot of long road trips, and the group i ride with 80% of the time are almost all cruisers..so i think it will work well for me

I swear I saw a set of Road 2's for like $230ish + free shipping from Competition Accessories or Sportbike Track Gear

if you're a baller rider, you can get power 2ct front and road 2 rear.

I'm clearly the opposite of a baller rider but this is what everyones been suggesting for the VFR so this is the route I'll be going when I need new tires

When I wads looking the best I found was right at $300 but I was looking for a 190/50...I'm going to be putting about 1000 miles on my bike in thr next 10 days so ill find out real quick if it was the right move

Edited by 2talltim

When I wads looking the best I found was right at $300 but I was looking for a 190/50...I'm going to be putting about 1000 miles on my bike in thr next 10 days so ill find out real quick if it was the right move

ah that makes sense then, mines only a 180

104 lb/ft at the rear under my booty here. ;)

Damn Nick, was this torque rate with Brocks full system? Mine's hittin' just over 114 lbft. with the StreetMeg system and drag map lit.

But my street map takes it down to just under 108 lbft.

Damn Nick, was this torque rate with Brocks full system? Mine's hittin' just over 114 lbft. with the StreetMeg system and drag map lit.

But my street map takes it down to just under 108 lbft.

Full system alien head, with street map. His drag map says it's for no air filter and race gas doesn't it? All dynos are different too though. I'd like to load the track map though and see if I can use it.

Full system alien head, with street map. His drag map says it's for no air filter and race gas doesn't it? All dynos are different too though. I'd like to load the track map though and see if I can use it.

Yes, his drag map ( at least what I've seen ) specifies no air filter and race fuel -- tried mine out ONCE, but I'm affeared of running long without an air filter and only had hi-test pump gas in it - definitely picked up the power a little bit but I could smell fuel when I'd wot it.

I dig the setup I've got, as is......Steetmeg sounds good imo, and the bike pulls GREAT thru the rev's - even with my flies still in ;)